Vilnius

StefanAVFC

You knew I'd be along at some point didn't you   .....

Not the biggest place but I liked it for a short weekend , no real wow factor but if you walk around you can see some decent old buildings ,churches and the bastion  .. the genocide(KGB)  museum was very interesting (and sobering as they always are in former eastern bloc countries)  

there is a good selection of bars ( not on Krakow levels of selection ) and there was some decent live bands on offer in some of them .. my hotel had a cocktail menu and a live band so even though I was there on my own I ended up going on to around 3 am  as I struggled to drink one of everything on the menu  .. struggled as some had Whiskey in them and I hate Whiskey :)   .. seem to recall they were dirt cheap , the band were great and there were some bang tidy girls on view that I'm too old and too married to try and chat up

you'll have fun if you go with mates ..and you'll have fun if you go with the other half .. as endorsements go that's probably a good one ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Cheers Tony.

Cheaper or more expensive than Poland?

Blimey ... I’d have said cheaper but then I remembered the lads do in sopot last year where I couldn’t get rid of my money ...

maybe Poland being slightly cheaper as it was 5 years or so ago since I was in Vilnius last 

• 2 months later...
Â