World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

Russia, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Poland, England, Brazil, Mexico, Costa Rica, Iran, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria and Egypt all there.

17 more places to determine, 8 of which will be sorted in the next 2 days:
1 more CONCACAF team (USA, Panama or Honduras)
3 more CONMEBOL teams (from - Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Argentina or Paraguay)
4 more UEFA group winners ([France or Sweden], [Switzerland or Portugal], [Serbia or Wales or Republic of Ireland], [Iceland or Croatia or Ukraine])

Leaving 9 more places to be decided in November:
4 x UEFA play off winners.
1 x CONMEBOL vs OFC (New Zealand) play off winner
1 x CONCACAF vs AFC play off winner (Panama, Honduras or USA vs Australia or Syria)
3 x CAF teams. [Ivory Coast or Morocco], [Tunisia or DR Congo], [Senegal or South Africa or Cape Verde or Burkina Faso]

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

brilliant from Iceland though I cant help but feel Croatia **** it up

They are a bit of a mess with their internal politics and corruption with Mamic and their FA.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

brilliant from Iceland though I cant help but feel Croatia **** it up

No this is just Iceland. This wasn't a **** up by anyone. This team deserves all the credit in the world. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

They are a bit of a mess with their internal politics and corruption with Mamic and their FA.

Same for all the Balkan teams really. Produce brilliant technical teams but can never get unity as their FAs are dodgy, fans rioting in the stands and that inevitably filters down to the pitch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

as I said fair play to Iceland but Croatia dropping points to Finland really was awful for them

Agree. But we lost away to Finland and dropped points. Just want to underline that these guys deserve all the credit. Anyway what a night!

• Like 3

1-1 in Australia with 13 minutes to go.  Nothing against Australia but this would be an unbelievable story if Syria got through.  They need this a lot more than the Aussies do.

200_s.gif

1 minute ago, sne said:

Red card in extra time in the play off.

That's some call to make by the ref.

Missed it and only saw one quick replay, was it correct?

Didn't see it, but it was a second yellow so not quite as brave as a straight red :) 

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Twitter slating Syria.  Has them up for most academy awards, time wasting, anti-everything.

I imagine that's how every team in the world would act in their position.

Edit: Unless they were managed by Tim Sherwood, because he'd probably have them standing at the half way line 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I imagine that's how every team in the world would act in their position.

Agreed.  And now a man down it'll only get worse.  Going into 2nd half of E.T. now.  The bums just got squeakier.  It couldn't go to penalties ... could it ... ? :twisted: 

Â