World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

Scotland going out. 2-1 Slovenia.
Slovakia set the bar for the play offs lower than Greece barring a miracle in Slovenia with 12 points.
Guarantees N.Ireland, Sweden and Denmark a play off spot though as well as Greece obviously.

In Villa related news Snodgrass is coming on for the last 10 mins or so.

Fletcher just missed a sitter.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Scotland did a Scotland.

It's in their DNA.

They actually had a superb second half of the campaign, 14 points from 6 games so one of the more inform teams in europe.

Not enough because they have results like 1-1 at home to Lithuania which messes them up every campaign.

Poland qualify then. Denmark go into the play offs. Slovakia finish second in group F which is potentially good news for Greece and Republic of Ireland too. Northern Ireland are guaranteed a play off place now. As is whichever team finish second in group A. Draws for Wales or Croatia would not be enough to overtake Slovakia in the second place table.

A: 1st - France / Sweden - Play offs - France / Sweden / Netherlands
B: 1st - Switzerland / Portugal - Play offs - Switzerland / Portugal
C: 1st - Germany - Play offs - Northern Ireland
D: 1st - Serbia / Wales / ROI - 2nd - Serbia / Wales / ROI
E: 1st - Poland - Play offs - Denmark 
F: 1st - England - 2nd - Slovakia
G: 1st - Spain - Play offs - Italy
H: 1st - Belgium - 2nd - Greece / Bosnia
I : 1st - Iceland / Croatia / Ukraine - 2nd - Iceland / Croatia / Ukraine

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Wales will be seeded then if they make it.

There will be some dangerous floaters though....wouldn't fancy playing Greece or Denmark over two legs.

Some talk Italy might end up being un-seeded although don't think that's too likely.

I think the rankings will be updated between now and the draw too.

Huge finish to the Egypt game. 1-0 up going into 5 minutes of injury time and qualifying for their first World Cup since 1990. Bottom of the table Congo equalise with a nice volley in the 3rd minute of injury time. A 95th minute penalty to Egypt converted by Salah just got them home though. Elmohamady didn't play.

Egypt join the party

Just now, Zatman said:

Egypt are a team I would rather not see at the World Cup. just never liked most of the players they have produced so never took to them. a lot of assholes

I think their league is a bit dodgy but I welcome them back. Cant be too many Muslim countries that have qualified. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Egypt are a team I would rather not see at the World Cup. just never liked most of the players they have produced so never took to them. a lot of assholes

I just think it was a shame they dominated the AFNC winning it three times yet couldn't make a world cup with that squad.

I doubt they'll do much. Majority of African teams have been hopeless in recent times apart from Ghana.

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think their league is a bit dodgy but I welcome them back. Cant be too many Muslim countries that have qualified. 

So far it's them, Iran, Saudi Arabia.

Potentially Syria,.

Tunisia, Morocco both leading their groups atm.

Â