World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

My prediction is that England will draw their first 2 games and lose to Belgium :( 

I think you are underestimating how bad Panama is. They will start a striker that is 37 in a lone role who played 1 season in Europe in Spanish 2nd division, 9 players over 30 with 5 over 35

this is a Dads Army team :lol:

• Haha 1

If you had to make a 23 man squad out of all the squads which were going to the world cup, would any England players get in? 

50 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

If you had to make a 23 man squad out of all the squads which were going to the world cup, would any England players get in? 

good question.  Harry Kane would be close as I think he one of best forwards about when he plays for Spurs. Then again Ronaldo, Messi, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Neymar, Bendtner and Suarez would be decent rivals for a spot

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think you are underestimating how bad Panama is. They will start a striker that is 37 in a lone role who played 1 season in Europe in Spanish 2nd division, 9 players over 30 with 5 over 35

this is a Dads Army team :lol:

We’re still predictably easy to nullify.

If they put ten men behind the ball and camp out on their 18 yard box I cannot see us having the guile to break them down. 

A dull nil nil for me. 

Its fair to say I have little or no expectation of England this WC so an England goal for me would be a bonus! 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

good question.  Harry Kane would be close as I think he one of best forwards about when he plays for Spurs. Then again Ronaldo, Messi, Griezmann, Lewandowski, Neymar, Bendtner and Suarez would be decent rivals for a spot

The fact you list Lord bendtner wins you post of all time 

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The fact you list Lord bendtner wins you post of all time 

To be honest I’m not really sure why he is in the list.

One of those that’s so obvious it doesn’t really need to be written down.

• Like 1

I think this is the first major tournament since I gave up playing Football Manager so don't have that deep a knowledge of quite a lot of teams, especially the wonderkids.  Saw a list on the BBC and I hadn't heard of any of them so am hoping to discover some new players.  Overall I'm really looking forward to the tournament, after not really being all that arsed during the build up.  Helps that I've got the first week or so off work.

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Great question, but as Spain’s and France’s results today show, individuality does not trump team spirit. 

4-3-3

Neuer

Walker varane  Silva alba

Kante

willian 

messi

ronaldo      Neymar

kane

that would win you a World Cup 

sterling and deli Alli make squad. 

22 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Not a chance. The only one who could have got close would have been Kane. If it wasn't for Ronaldo, Messi, Netmar etc all of who are much better players. 

This is another poor England squad and I expect that to be demonstrated in the coming fortnight. 

Edited by One For The Road

On 09/06/2018 at 13:52, Zatman said:

They will start a striker that is 37 in a lone role who played 1 season in Europe in Spanish 2nd division, 9 players over 30 with 5 over 35

That is quite amazing.

EDIT : I had to check that for myself.  All correct except they have 4 players over 35 (Penedo, Baloy(c), Pérez & Tejada)

Â