World Cup 2018: Russia

VILLAMARV

brandt keeping him out, its a surprise but its not like he's been left out and they've called up some shit player from nowhere, they've just called up someone that PL fans probably havent heard of

they only really have draxler, brandt, ozil, reus, muller and werner that they could use instead of him 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

benteke has been dropped from the belgium team

batshuayi who missed the last couple of months with injury and thorgan hazard picked instead

Always loved Tekkers. Incredible how his career has nose dived the past 3 seasons. Thought he had everything to eventually make it to the Real Madrid/PSG/Bayern level.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

brandt keeping him out, its a surprise but its not like he's been left out and they've called up some shit player from nowhere, they've just called up someone that PL fans probably havent heard of

they only really have draxler, brandt, ozil, reus, muller and werner that they could use instead of him 

Yeah but Sane is a key performer for the best side in the history of football so it's an unbelievable shock that no one saw coming.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

heights and weights of all the players

https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/hzfqyndmnqazczvc5xdb.pdf

harry kane is joint heaviest player at the tournament, (with harry maguire) he's 4kg heavier than lukaku

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif

Some of these have to be wrong.

John Stones is only 70KG while being over 6 foot?

Japan have a bloke who's 59 KG :D

i had portugal and spain drawing and then the group topper coming down to goal difference, i think ronaldo will go nuts vs Morocco or Iran meaning they top the group 

predictors are hard because there will be more draws and obviously some upsets, my QFs are france vs spain, brazil vs belgium, portugal vs argentina and germany vs england, that would be an amazing line up, spain vs brazil and germany vs argentina semis

My quarters are
Portugal v France
Brazil v Belgium
Spain v Argentina
Germany v Poland

Semi
France v Brazil
Spain v Germany

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i had portugal and spain drawing and then the group topper coming down to goal difference, i think ronaldo will go nuts vs Morocco or Iran meaning they top the group 

Iran will be fairly negative and well drilled. Cant see many goals when they play

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

My quarters are
Portugal v France
Brazil v Belgium
Spain v Argentina
Germany v Poland

Semi
France v Brazil
Spain v Germany

Think i had 7 out of 8, croatia instead of Argentina in quarters

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think i had 7 out of 8, croatia instead of Argentina in quarters

Yeah I have Messi carrying them through which means Croatia get France in the last 16.

croatia are one of 2 or 3 teams that i cant work out because i havent followed them closely enough, i could label them as dark horses capable of giving the argies and france a game, or at the same time they could be one of the shocks who get done by a decent nigeria or iceland team

group H is the same, on paper it says to me colombia then poland but japan and senegal could get some results

England will definitely get out of the group. Then they may sneak into the last 8. That's about as far as is realistically possible though with the way English football is now set up. I'd be very surprised if England ever reach the last 4 of a tournament again.

Just not enough quality coming through with the PL being a 'world league' as opposed to an English League. If you look at the amount of Germans in the Bundesliga or Spaniards in La Liga it's ridiculous how many more there are than English players in the Prem. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

England will definitely get out of the group. Then they may sneak into the last 8. That's about as far as is realistically possible though with the way English football is now set up. I'd be very surprised if England ever reach the last 4 of a tournament again.

Just not enough quality coming through with the PL being a 'world league' as opposed to an English League. If you look at the amount of Germans in the Bundesliga or Spaniards in La Liga it's ridiculous how many more there are than English players in the Prem. 

I think they get out.  They may even win the group if Belgium do that thing where they completely flatter to deceive.  But they get either Colombia or Poland in the last 16 so it's a bit of a toss-up, although I think the others are more canny in tournament football.  It's not an impossible task, but if they do get through to the quarters, they're getting their arse handed to them by either Brazil or Germany.

23 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

to which i think the answer is young english kids need to leave the PL money behind and go play football abroad, which is happening, a fair few moved last summer, hopefully this summer will be the same

in the past too many players have been happy to be paid mega money to sit in the reserves and moan and lack of opportunity, the opportunities are out there if they want them, i think there is now so much money in the prem they know they can come back to it at any stage of their career and make a lot of money, it doesn't all have to be upfront, if jadon sancho doesnt make it at dortmund he can sign for palace at 24 and earn £10m before he retires

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

did a predictor, had a final 4 of France, Germany, Spain and Brazil

There seems to be a problem with your predictor algorithm as England aren't mentioned.

My bold prediction is Portugal won't get out of the group. Their defensive options are really old now. Even with winning euros they only drew their three group games, doub that would be enough to get through as would only need Morocco to beat Iran.

They could also be 3 points down after first game if they lose to Spain and Morocco beat Iran. Morocco got some good players so wouldn't shock me if they nick second.

Â