VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nah, that's exactly what he deserves. Nothing sensational to increase his cult of personality. 

I dunno. Manson is intensely interesting and the narrative about him might be a bit skewed, not to take away from the horror that followed him. He should go in a jail break or something.

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Does Chuck get the nod once she kicks it, or will he be skipped over for William?

They changed the rules IIRC to allow Charles to get it, so it'll be him, regardless of how unpopular he is.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If we kill them will we still get time off work?

Good point. 

Wait for them to die of natural causes, I say! Get a week off work! Vive la révolution! 

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

They changed the rules IIRC to allow Charles to get it, so it'll be him, regardless of how unpopular he is.

I thought it was his anyway as the oldest son? Why did the rules need to change?

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought it was his anyway as the oldest son? Why did the rules need to change?

Is it not now the case that the oldest child is next in line (from Wills onwards)?

Edited by dAVe80

The line of succession did change, to give no preference no men. This has no impact on the next succession though, as Liz has no children older than Charles, he's always been next in line.

I'm not sure I'd agree there's any chance of QE passing it down to William. Firstly, she'll be dead, there's absolutely no way she'll abdicate. Secondly, she's a stickler for protocol, she's not going to bow to public opinion and overrule the line of succession, even if she thinks Charles wouldn't be a good king.

I could see Charles abdicating, though.

• Like 2

The rule used to be eldest male heir so if you had a daughter then a son they jumped the queue and their heirs move in turn (Anne was once 2nd until Andrew popped out and is now 12th). You also couldn't take the crown if you had married a Roman Catholic. So although Charles was always in line for the job he almost cocked it up marrying old horse face but in fact she isn't her ex was..... google is your friend

THe catholic thing only came in 2015!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Church of England only recently (past decade or so) changed its position on remarriage. It previously wouldn't accept marriage between divorcees, which would have looked absurd when Charles became the head of the Church - a head who was in opposition to the Church's teachings?

9 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Random people;

Xela will die from lonelyness

Paddywhack will die from colleagues having enough of him

Robjw will die from anal related illnesses

Dave80 will die from the cold living up north

Spiderman.

tumblr_mkkylpWLB81rq2allo6_250.gif

I can cope with loneliness.

Its more likely to be bum AIDS with me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I think QE could override, and name William if she wanted to. 

Isn't it Parliament who controls who would be the successor rather than the Queen ? (Parliament supremacy act )

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Nonsense! He'll be sculling pots at the cricket when he is 100 ;)

Which is why I picked him. He was on the wagon for a while and is now very much off!

• Like 1

Â