VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

21 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I thought Willie Nelson was already dead, just had to check that and you are correct he is still alive

outlaw country my **** arse, **** tripe that he puts out and he has the nerve to class himself as outlaw

Not really the thread, hoping that you know his material and not assuming that to all the girls I have loved before is indicative. Nelson was outside of "Nashville" and its machinations for decades. He fought against the polished production and method of recording. Like Merle he had his run ins with the law. However outlaw country isnt about crime its about doing things differently and critics and fans have believed him to do things differently enough to label him outlaw country. One for the piss you off thread if you feel that strongly. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Why ? They're all alive right ? I admit I went for a couple of younger ones.....

You actually went for one too many

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not really the thread, hoping that you know his material and not assuming that to all the girls I have loved before is indicative. Belson was outside of "Nashville" and its machinations for decades. He fought against the polished production and method of recording. Like Merle he had his run ins with the law. However outlaw country isnt about crime its about doing things differently and critics and fans have believed him to do things differently enough to label him outlaw country. One for the piss you off thread if you feel that strongly. 

Yeah I just think that his music was polished and pretty middle of the road, as far as the outlaw movement went I always preferred people like Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clarke, Steve Young etc

The likes of Waylon jennings and Willie Nelson just don't do it for me.

38 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

The Queen

Phil the Greek

Prince Charles (meaning Villan on the throne)

Douglarse

Pete Doherty

Not a fan of the royals, eh Al? :)

I have been following the 'real' Deathlist for nearly as long as I've supported Villa (30+ years) and just find the whole thing a lighthearted view on death. As they say in Life of Brian;

Always look on the bright side of life 
For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!

It's funny that suddenly some papers are reporting it as 'sick' and 'twisted' etc. Would put money on it being taken down in the not to distant future and threads like this closed and seen as bad taste... maybe no.1 should be 'Sense of Humour'...

Anyway, I'm going to play! For the record, me and my Dad have always said we'd LOVE to be on the list - most of these people are already well into their 90s and/or in poor health and yet the survival rate is normally 80%+!

So for VillaTalk;

1. Maggie Smith

2. Jessica Lansbury

3. Sean Connery

4. David Attenborough

5. Gene Hackman

3 hours ago, LancsVillan said:

Just think that when Liz or Phil goes t'other will go quickly. Then Charles will crack under pressure. If you must know I do like them. 

Agree with Phil and Liz, when one goes the other will follow, if it's around Spring / Easter hopefully we can get a decent run of 4 day weeks

Â