VillaTalk Deadpool 2017

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

LOL I DONT KNOW WHO HE WAS

Former terrorist turn politician in Northern Ireland and played a key role in the peace process.

He without doubt did good work in later life but was heavily involved in the IRA in earlier years and to one extent or another connected to some horrible events.

To some he is a hero, others as you'll have seen have a very different view.

• Like 2

As soon as I saw he was gone I thought "well that's today's entire facebook timeline filled, no point logging on there" not to mention the level-headed non-partisan internet discourse we'll all learn so much from as well.

Trent is right though.  I bet there'll be some interesting stories that'll come out of the woodwork now over the next weeks and months.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Former terrorist turn politician in Northern Ireland and played a key role in the peace process.

He without doubt did good work in later life but was heavily involved in the IRA in earlier years and to one extent or another connected to some horrible events.

To some he is a hero, others as you'll have seen have a very different view.

So a bit like Darth Vader?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Invented Guinness mate . He wanted the factory in Dublin but his partner wanted it in Belfast . They couldn't come to an agreement and it tore Ireland apart for decades . The great potato riot , Muddy Sunday and St Patricks Day all stem from this . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brumerican said:

Invented Guinness mate . He wanted the factory in Dublin but his partner wanted it in Belfast . They couldn't come to an agreement and it tore Ireland apart for decades . The great potato riot , Muddy Sunday and St Patricks Day all stem from this . 

ok I now know EXACTLY who you are on about.

The other man in this equation must have been Murphy and he is a proper dickwad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Him and Tony Cascarino started the IRA. 

He sailed to London, on a boat made out of coffins, to punch the Queen into the jaw, as a symbol. But they were caught in the car park of Buckingham Palace, and jailed for 100 years, where he smeared the walls in his own shit, and starved to death.

On an unrelated note, I may have been listening to the Rubber Bandits quite a lot in the past few weeks.    

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sickening wankfest going on on outlets such as the BBC and Guardian for an absolute murdering scumbag. 

Kinda like the wankfest that happens every year glorifying the murdering scumbags of the British army ;)

Â