Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

I can't see us playing 3 at the back, that will be suicide against Wolves at their ground. I honestly think he will put Bjarnasson there and keep it as a back 4.

as a lot of people have already said I would take a draw. TBH ide take 5 points out of October and be happy.

4 hours ago, rda91avfc said:

I can't see us playing 3 at the back, that will be suicide against Wolves at their ground. I honestly think he will put Bjarnasson there and keep it as a back 4.

as a lot of people have already said I would take a draw. TBH ide take 5 points out of October and be happy.

york.gif

• Like 1

This 2 weeks really took the wind out of our sails.

I'm worried because we were so lacklustre after the last international break. I hope Bruce can remind them of that and get them up and at it.

Anyone know how many people Wolves had away?

2 hours ago, striker said:

Building Wolves up too much. Villa have the better players so I expect Villa to win the game.

Not sure that's the case to be honest. I think both teams are extremely similar in ability and that'll be evident on Saturday methinks. Yes we have some excellent players at this level, Snograss, Adomah, Kodjia, Terry, etc but they have a lot of quality from overseas who've played for some big clubs in Europe. Don't think there's very much in it at all between the teams. 

Edited by MikeAVFC

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Despite our recent form being comparable to theirs I don’t think we are anywhere near as good as them in terms of our play.

Expect us to lose, would be happy with a point.

I agree our play isnt as good as theirs however i think our squad is as good as theirs. In fact i would go as far as to say we havemore squad depth than them

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Wolves are the best team in the division at the moment, I'll take a draw.

I'd say it's a while since we've gone into a game as underdogs and we're big underdogs in this one.  27/10 compared to Wolves @ 11/10.

Now it's far from a 'free hit' because we should be expecting to compete in every game this season, but it's still interesting to see what we can do when expectations; from what I can see; are very low. 

14 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Not sure that's the case to be honest. I think both teams are extremely similar in ability and that'll be evident on Saturday methinks. Yes we have some excellent players at this level, Snograss, Adomah, Kodjia, Terry, etc but they have a lot of quality from overseas who've played for some big clubs in Europe. Don't think there's very much in it at all between the teams. 

My only concern is that Wolves have a younger team which may work against Villa over the 90 minutes but I still expect Villa, at the very least, to take a point.

Ultimately I feel the automatic promotional spots will be between Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Boro but there’s no need for Villa to fear any of those teams now.

3 hours ago, striker said:

My only concern is that Wolves have a younger team which may work against Villa over the 90 minutes but I still expect Villa, at the very least, to take a point.

Ultimately I feel the automatic promotional spots will be between Villa, Wolves, Leeds and Boro but there’s no need for Villa to fear any of those teams now.

Oh god no we shouldn't fear anyone obviously, but at the same time I don't think there's anything between us and them on paper. Two teams of very similar ability

I think it'll be a competitive game, possibly even a bit fiery. We know Lambert from the past, and although many of us, myself included, grew impatient with his style and we were desperate for a change, he isn't a bad manager by any means. 

I would line up like this, but with the back four and central players to slow the game down and to resist their quick counter attacks, and our wide players to hit them on the counter.

Johnstone

Elmo       Chester    Terry     De Laet

Snodgrass  Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Kodjia   Davis

I think that is a decent side, Wolves are good and a point would be a good result, but I think we can get the win. 

A 3 could be good, rather than the suicide suggested above, they play good football through the middle and we'll need to be competitive there.

Johnstone

Chester Terry De Laet

Elmo Whelan Onomah Adomah

Snodgrass Hourihane

Kodija

Arguably Davis up top might be better as he's good with his back to goal. Personally not looking forward to Bruce's "we were truly awful" post match interview along with the excuse list. He's had more time than the Holy Spirit Nuno, with far less of a divine touch in evidence.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it'll be a competitive game, possibly even a bit fiery. We know Lambert from the past, and although many of us, myself included, grew impatient with his style and we were desperate for a change, he isn't a bad manager by any means. 

I would line up like this, but with the back four and central players to slow the game down and to resist their quick counter attacks, and our wide players to hit them on the counter.

Johnstone

Elmo       Chester    Terry     De Laet

Snodgrass  Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Kodjia   Davis

I think that is a decent side, Wolves are good and a point would be a good result, but I think we can get the win. 

Lambert left Wolves ages ago...

Edited by MikeAVFC
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

A 3 could be good, rather than the suicide suggested above, they play good football through the middle and we'll need to be competitive there.

Johnstone

Chester Terry De Laet

Elmo Whelan Onomah Adomah

Snodgrass Hourihane

Kodija

Arguably Davis up top might be better as he's good with his back to goal. Personally not looking forward to Bruce's "we were truly awful" post match interview along with the excuse list. He's had more time than the Holy Spirit Nuno, with far less of a divine touch in evidence.

We'd get smashed with that! If he went 3 at the back it'd be Samba in there but we are an awful team playing it so stay well clear. I do agree though about them being strong through the middle. I'd just slot in a replacement for Taylor if everyone comes back raring. Hopefully that'll be RDL if not still play RDL but go 433 with Kodija up top on his own.