Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

On 01/10/2017 at 20:56, MikeAVFC said:

A game which may actually suit us, Wolves will dominate the ball and we can play the counter attacking game. One thing I do worry about though is their team will have the legs on us, being a much younger team. It'll be an intriguing game nonetheless. Would take a point now but if we can win then we really are turning it around. 

I play 5 a side with a dozen or so guys,  just a kick about and we mix up the teams on a weekly basis.

Occasionally we play youngsters vs experienced old heads.  The old heads always win.

On that basis.

Wolves 0 - 5 Villa.

• Like 1

It could be a really good game. Different styles of play, different strengths and weaknesses. But two teams on decent runs of form and both with some dangerous players and some weaknesses.

Wolves look good to watch from what I've seen on the telly, particularly when attacking, and after a period of a few years of being down in the dumps seem to have got things going definitely in the right direction, which is a good thing.

I think the odds slightly favour Wolves, being at home, but Villa are dangerous at the moment. Please let there be a good ref.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wolf man said:

1. In order for you to win down at the Molineux you must stop us weaving our pretty patterns with the ball at all costs .  (stop us playing ) if not you will get hammered ! 

This could be a problem. Forest passed us off the park at times a couple of weeks ago but didn't have the forward play to back it up. Wolves do however, and I have become increasingly frustrated at our lack of pressing. 

This will be a tough game that will require a more physical approach from Bruce if we are to get anything.

You know, I have a good feeling about Villa for this one. We are due a friendlier ref for a change and can see something happening in our favour for a change with us going there as second favourites - a bit of an underdog for a change. I have this crazy vision of us getting an early (ish) pen and them having one sent off, which leads to us sticking 4 or 5 past them. Wishful thinking probably but our luck with the refs has to change at some point!

Whatever happens, as others have said, this one should be a really good game with in-form local rivals going at each other for the 3 points :flag:

On 10/3/2017 at 16:54, Andy81 said:

Evening All,

I'm the Wolves fan who posted a link to this thread, so as requested I'll give my thoughts.

First of all, I should say I've been reading VillaTalk on and off for years now, always seems to give a balanced and fair set of views in general.

I quit reading at that point.  Obviously a complete liar or a complete fool !!!!  balance and fair.  PFFFFT !  This is VILLA TALK !  not some news media slogan.

• Haha 1

Hopefully be a good time to play them as they will have numerous players away like us. I think bruce will play negative for this one. Try frustrate them and nick a goal.

If he goes in like that we will lose i have no doubt about that.  We gotta take the game to wolves and show them who we are and good we can be

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully be a good time to play them as they will have numerous players away like us. I think bruce will play negative for this one. Try frustrate them and nick a goal.

Oh come on!..is no one going to knock this in?

Bruce will go there and try to shithouse a 1-0 win. I actually wouldn't mind if we took this approach, away in a tough game. It's against the lesser sides where he has to play more positive football. Go there and make the game ugly, be tough to beat and try and nick it. Not that I think Wolves are Barcelona or anything, but they definitely have the legs on us and good players at the top end of the pitch. If we go there with a gung ho approach I think we could find ourselves in a bit of trouble. 

Edited by MikeAVFC

This game will hinge on who Bruce puts in for Taylor (what a ludicrous red) and whether he sets up the side to exploit Wolves 3 4 3 formation by playing wide and stretching them. Solid at the back of course but do not rely on lucky breakaways for the odd goal. Hit them hard at the start.

Possible left field choice for Taylor replacement could be Whelan with Miles coming in in front of the back four if he is fit. Other than than possibly Mitch Clark who is quite quick on his feet if lacking a little experience.

Looking forward to seeing the game in Australia on BEIN sport. Win this one and I think promotion is well on the cards.

Edited by TweedHeads Villa

I think Bruce will be more than happy with a draw. We are more than capable of going there and spanking them, but I think he will try to hit them on the counter. If we go 1 up he will shut up shop which is dangerous. I'd take a point then two wins against Fulham and blues. Aslong as we get atleast 6 points from the next 3 we will be ok.

I'm fairly sure we have some big game players in our team, and I think we will see something extra from the likes of Snodgrass, Terry and Kodjia that could prove the difference. Whelan also might play an important part for us. We will stifle them, so I'm going 0-0 or if it's to be our day 0-1. 

Villa's defence (and midfield) will have to have a really good game to stop Wolves scoring.  Just looking at the stats, only twice this season have we failed to score, and I think we've scored in every home game.

Statistically, Villa will probably need two goals if they want to win the game.

Edited by Andy81