Pre match buildup

Demitri_C

I think if we were going three at the back it'd be more like:

-----------------------------------Johnstone-----------------------------

-----------------Chester--------Terry-------Samba-----------------

Elmohamady--------------------------------------------Bjarnason

----------------Onomah-----Whelan-------Hourihane----------

---------------------------Davis------------Kodjia----------------------

But I wouldn't want us to go with three at the back - it'd mean sacrificing our wingers or one of the front two and those are the things that have got us back to some sort of form.

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if we were going three at the back it'd be more like:

-----------------------------------Johnstone-----------------------------

-----------------Chester--------Terry-------Samba-----------------

Elmohamady--------------------------------------------Bjarnason

----------------Onomah-----Whelan-------Hourihane----------

---------------------------Davis------------Kodjia----------------------

But I wouldn't want us to go with three at the back - it'd mean sacrificing our wingers or one of the front two and those are the things that have got us back to some sort of form.

Miggt as well wave the white flag if bruce goes with this.  After bjarnassons goal in midweek i can see him playing left back and that will lose us the game

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Hutton will be at left back in a four for what it's worth.

I know even mentioning his name is punishable with forty lashes, but I think you could be right OBE. I personally would go for De Laet, but I'm sure Hutton could do a half decent job... especially since being on the left might reduce his 'attacking' so he would stay in position more. 

I hope we don't go 3 at the back. We're crap at it.

However I'd be fine with us going 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) for this. 

With Wolves' passing game, we can't afford to be light in midfield

• Like 3

feels like this international break has been much longer than september for some reason. Always love that spell after the november games when you know you've got over 4 months of uninterrupted interesting football

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

However I'd be fine with us going 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) for this. 

With Wolves' passing game, we can't afford to be light in midfield

I think to go 4-5-1 you'd need to be looking at dropping Kodjia, not Davis. I think it would extremely brave. The 4-4-2 we've been playing pretty much suits us.

Like every game we will go into this season we will have the better team on paper on Saturday. What we have lacked until recently is a formation to get the best out of those players and confidence and belief. 

Stick with what has been working, with Hutton or De Laet in for Taylor , and we can win this. I am going for 2-1 to us.

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Hutton will be at left back in a four for what it's worth.

I have to ask, why? What can Hutton do there that he has otherwise failed to do in his natural position? I honestly would rather have Adomah drop back, 3 times away from where he naturally plays, if only because he will defend as shit as Hutton but will at least do more with the ball. RDL all day long (if fit). Not the answer but there is simply nobody more shit than Hutton. 

• Like 1

Massive massive game for us, a real chance to show our intent on this league and show we mean business, these are the games you need to step up and get the 3 points, people might think that’s a bit crazy but why not,  we are on a roll and should not fear anyone. 

I’m hopeful of an away win and will go for 2-1. 

Injury news.

Green, Gabby, Jedi still out.  Jack & Henri out but are at least back in training.

Keinan is back.

Chester and Snodgrass "not so good, but they'll be fine".

Taylor obviously suspended.

Everyone else good :thumb: 

Taylor aside, that's not too bad.

Johnstone

Elmo Chester Terry de Laet

Adomah Whelan Onomah Snodgrass

Hourihane

Davis

then, with some tinkering. Wouldn't be surprised if Hutton is brought in in defence to push Elmo further upfield though annoyingly.  Bruce could easily get nervous with no Taylor at left back and look for added protection.

Edited by Rodders

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Bruce could easily get nervous with no Taylor at left back and look for added protection.

Tbh we have looked really balanced with one full back being more defensive so would understand if he went this way the more I think about it. We will need to be solid for the next few games more than ever. 

It's not going to be a universibly popular decision and I'm glad I'm not making it in Bruce's position. 

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Taylor aside, that's not too bad.

Johnstone

Elmo Chester Terry de Laet

Adomah Whelan Onomah Snodgrass

Hourihane

Davis

then, with some tinkering. Wouldn't be surprised if Hutton is brought in in defence to push Elmo further upfield though annoyingly.  Bruce could easily get nervous with no Taylor at left back and look for added protection.

I can't see Bruce dropping Kodjia now that he's back.  Even away to Wolves.  I think it's 2 up top and then work back from that.