Weekends Football 29 September/1 October

andykeenan

It seems to me like The Leicester title win has proved a bit of a false dawn for the little guys. The big sides have got stronger and the gap between the top 5 or 6and the rest  is now bigger than it ever was. 

Edited by PaulC

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It seems to me like The Leicester title win has proved a bit of a false dawn for the little guys. The big sides have got stronger and the gap between the top 5 or 6and the rest  is now bigger than it ever was. 

Indeed. That is what makes Leicester's triumph so staggering. 

Everton have showed how difficult it can be to crack the elite

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The Premier League is pretty much set up now, Burnley aside,  the same way it will finish IMO

Best league in the world

Watford in europa league then?

Title race will be pretty boring but I'd defy anyone to confidently predict the bottom 3 at this stage.

Think the relegation battle will be very exciting. Palace look all but down but they could still go on a run if Benteke and Zaha can get some form.

Start of the season I'd have said Brighton, Huddersfield and Burnley.

Burnley have been amazing given their fixture list, Huddersfield have done well although the goals have dried up a bit. Still think Brighton will be bottom 3 but they've won two home games aleady so could be capable of 8-9 wins at home which would give them a shot of surviving.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

A few of those were in the flux of odd managerial sagas....City had to wait another year for Pep so had Pellegrini knowing he was out and going through the motions and Man. United really should've sacked LVG after the first year like they did with Moyes.

No one saw Chelsea completely imploding either.

Still it was an extraordinary effort by Leicester but them winning the league work the clubs up and they've raised their standards again.

• Like 1

Â