Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

10 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Has anyone played the submarine torpedo side mission by the pond in St Denis? Very quirky 10 minutes.

My horse died last week. She had race horse handling and was beautiful but she was shot up trying to retrieve the black doctors caravan. I was quite sad to be honest.

That mission starts a slightly bizarre short quest line which is one of the odder ones in the game (and ends with a bizarre thing you can find on the map if you do a lot of exploring).

On 31/12/2018 at 13:03, AVFC_Hitz said:

My horse died last week. She had race horse handling and was beautiful but she was shot up trying to retrieve the black doctors caravan. I was quite sad to be honest.

I don't have the reflexes to shoot on horseback so I ran away most of the time, resulting in more nagicides than Aintree.

I learned very early on that buying horses is a waste of time so was happy to spend 90% of the game riding the easy to control Kentuckys.

On 31/12/2018 at 13:03, AVFC_Hitz said:

Has anyone played the submarine torpedo side mission by the pond in St Denis? Very quirky 10 minutes.

Yes, did the submarine game.  Quite a fun distraction for a few minutes.

I'm halfway through Chapter 4, and am trying to do as many of the challenges as possible.  Have just completed one where you have to kill 5 people on horseback with the throwing knife.  Brutal.

Just got to Chapter 4, chased the little bastards around Saint Denis. The finale of chapter 3 was great fun.  Don't forget to go back the day after :) 

I've started looking at the treasure maps, and I'm determined to not google the answers, but I can't seem to get anywhere with them.  I have one which clearly says the Elyisian Pool, which looked quite easy, I looked at every bastard tree there and found nadda - any tips? 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Just got to Chapter 4, chased the little bastards around Saint Denis. The finale of chapter 3 was great fun.  Don't forget to go back the day after :) 

im where you are and i didnt go back, probably 2 or 3 days after it now, have i missed it?

last night i went out hunting with 2 horses, loaded them both up with i think over 10 pelts, around 6 of them perfect, elk antlers etc ticking the list off from the camp, miles back to shady belle so put it in cinematic mode, got killed by a pack of wolves

🤬

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im where you are and i didnt go back, probably 2 or 3 days after it now, have i missed it?

Should still be there.  Although, I'm not sure what it's use is or what it's worth is :lol:  

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

last night i went out hunting with 2 horses, loaded them both up with i think over 10 pelts, around 6 of them perfect, elk antlers etc ticking the list off from the camp, miles back to shady belle so put it in cinematic mode, got killed by a pack of wolves

🤬

The save game feature is your friend!

That's the exact reason I stopped putting it in cinematic mode though, kept dying from things I had no control over!

This game is utterly brilliant, and it really does need to be played slowly.  I think if you just rush through the main quests, the minor annoyances like the controls would still be in the back of your mind.  Now though, they feel like second nature, and by taking it easy and doing lots of side quests and challenges, you get to fully experience how breathtaking the world in the game is.  The story is brilliant, and the characters and interaction are sublime.  It's so far and away my favourite ever game on the PS4, nothing else comes close.

• Like 1

Please tell me Chapter 5 gets better.  What on earth are they thinking, the game has been utterly superb thus far, but Chapter 5 so far has made me turn it off and actually want to take a load of rubbish to the tip!!

10 minutes ago, Risso said:

Please tell me Chapter 5 gets better.  What on earth are they thinking, the game has been utterly superb thus far, but Chapter 5 so far has made me turn it off and actually want to take a load of rubbish to the tip!!

Worst part of the game by far.

Absolutely **** crap and a ridiculous decision imo.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Is that when you get to the house?

Just got there.

No, that's brilliant.  

Thankfully Chapter 5 is quite short.  Hated just about every second of it, it's like they asked a 15 year old YTS to add a chapter.

• Like 1

Proper ballsed up the chain gang side mission...

Spoiler

Where you have to grab the last wanted poster from the bounty hunter in Rhodes. 

Ended up with a $315 bounty and the whole town on lockdown. Had an even bigger firefight than the end of chapter 3. It just snowballed into a massive bloodbath. Ended up paying the bounty in St Denis. 

Also. I seem to have ended up with 3 horses that keep following me around. I cba to stable them.

42 minutes ago, Risso said:

Actually to clarify, it's only the first bit of Chapter 5 that's bad.  The bit when you get back is much more like it.

That slow walk along the beach did my nut in . Is that chapter 5 ?

I've nothing left to do now as I have no interest in hunting or crafting so I'm using the cheats found on the back of every newspaper and just causing carnage.

Max health, max ammo  and the homing tomahawk,  whilst stood on a rooftop in Saint Denis is amazing fun.

Â