Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

It's like having a mission on Call of Duty where you polish your boots or paint the wheel nuts on your Land Rover .

Pfft, nah it's not that bad. Besides, it serves as a bit of tutorial to horse riding which is a pretty essential game mechanic.

Edited by Ginko

On 4/17/2016 at 11:02, villa4europe said:

Nah the bit where you return to the ranch and have 3/4 farming missions before that

Er, but isn't that key to the story?  It's the literal redemption part of Red Dead Redemption. 

The only bits I wasn't overly keen on were the cart races.  Oh and those **** lynxes or whatever that used to ambush you.

Hogtying people to the railway lines was amongst the best bits!

4 hours ago, Risso said:

The only bits I wasn't overly keen on were the cart races.  Oh and those **** lynxes or whatever that used to ambush you.

Yeah, but the sense of satisfaction when you finally took out 5 of them with just a knife. Mind you I could never do the top level of five finger fillet, that drove me nuts.

On 4/16/2016 at 09:46, Brumerican said:

Probably the only game that could make me buy a next gen console.

Playstation 5?

almost 3 years into the PS4 lifecycle, so i guess it is about time to start thinking about next gen. 

:P

• Like 1

GUN raised the bar for Westerns.  That game was brilliant.  Amazing for the PS2 anyway.

Map was just a little too small once you'd finished the game, nothing really happened apart from a few scarce bandit fights.

• Like 1

Started a new Redemption game the other day. Probably won't get round to playing it through properly, but just wanted be reminded of the way it plays, really. I would pay significant money to see it re-released with fancier graphics, a better frame rate, and slightly tidier horsy riding.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Take Two have revealed Rockstar are working on 'projects' at the moment, which was discussed on this week's Computer Games Show podcast. Interestingly the podcast hints at hearing some rumours, which they heavily suggest are in the money, that suggests that at least something they're producing isn't exactly an earth shatterer, with further hints that they might be talking DLC or a remaster in the near future...

If they're right, it's probably a decent bet now that RDR2 is announced at E3, as that seems to be an open secret, but that they will also announce GTA5 DLC and/or a remaster of an old title to come beforehand. GTA DLC would be surprising as Rockstar pretty much seem to have said they're ongoing focus with GTA5 is multiplayer stuff as it's a licence to print money and a big DLC isn't. As for remasters, RDR we know is being tested for back compatibility on the Xbox, so it seems odd they'd also remaster it, and do we really need GTA4/LA Noire?

But certainly expect an announcement of some sort soon it seems.

Edit - they've also trademarked the name  'Judas' recently...

Edited by Chindie

Â