Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

Seeing quite a few anomalies so far. 

* Finish a mission, temporary horse appears next to your primary horse for some reason. 

* One minute the ammo belt is empty, next minute it’s full, next minute it’s empty again. 

* Message says side mission is no longer available as I took too long to doing it. Few days later it reappears. 

Not that any of this is detracting from my enjoyment of the game but I guess when you make a game with so much detail, it’s inevitable that it goes awry on occasion.  

On 07/11/2018 at 13:37, PieFacE said:

had a weird encounter in Chapter 3...

Just ran into them again. It ended well (for me). 

I enjoy this game. 

Just sucked a guys leg venom and he gave me a free gun. 

I'm finding being a goodie is more worth while than being a baddie, but on a couple of occasions I've gotten silly bounties which are a bit annoying, but oh well.

Up to 150 dollar, with a free upgraded Springfield rifle and I took the Mauser pistol from the dueling guy on top of the train, that gun is good, and it's the actual gun which Han Solo's space pistol was based on.

Done the bear thing, found out where the legendary deer is, but not found the bugger yet. 

One thing I thought was cool, yet mysterious is I found a couple of people frozen solid up in the mountains, overlooking a landscape, they had a map with nothing but a pencil drawing of the landscape with some dashed lines pointing towards 4 or 5 different places.  I know it's meant for something, but what? I have no idea. :) 

Got 1 treasure map with a rock with  face in it and some broken trees.. HOW WONDERFULLY MYSTERIOUS! 

Riding to an objective last night I took a shortcut through a small wood and  ended up with it instantly starting an investigation in the area. Genuinely couldn't tell if this was some weird thing they had put in they intended people to stumble on, like the other odd things you can find (the giant skeleton in the mountains, the Indian burial ground) or just a really, really weird bug.

Strolling in to town yesterday to pay a $200 bounty when a load of lawmen started firing at me. I killed up a couple to help me escape and rode off on my lovely horse, jumped a fence and fell off.

My horse needed reviving but I was busy fighting off the lawmen and a couple of civilian pricks that had joined in. I died and my lovely horse died.

I’m gutted. Loved my lovely horse. 

I want to shower him with sugar lumps. 

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Strolling in to town yesterday to pay a $200 bounty when a load of lawmen started firing at me. I killed up a couple to help me escape and rode off on my lovely horse, jumped a fence and fell off.

My horse needed reviving but I was busy fighting off the lawmen and a couple of civilian pricks that had joined in. I died and my lovely horse died.

I’m gutted. Loved my lovely horse. 

I want to shower him with sugar lumps. 

Well James likes to press the analogue button to make the horse run about, and I'm sat next to him praying no bears come and rip his innocence away from him, as well as Arthur's face..

So when it comes to me playing, I'm often stood in the middle of **** no where, ages away from anywhere, with my horse which "fell asleep" meaning I have to walk about, looking for a new horse and having no saddle and no rounds for my "tranquilizer dart gun to make animals sleep". 

So last night I found a small dwelling filled with dead guys with a meteorite in the middle of it, as well as a large meteorite in a forest.  I love finding corpses with maps, I've got loads of maps things now and I found a tree with cash in it! woohoo.. Then at 11.40pm I'm thinking, one last quick task, to get to a town, so I can start anew tomorrow.. So at roughly 12.40am I finally win the whole pot of money in poker and call it a day.  The last guy wouldn't take his beatings..

Now I'm dead. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Well James likes to press the analogue button to make the horse run about, and I'm sat next to him praying no bears come and rip his innocence away from him, as well as Arthur's face..

So when it comes to me playing, I'm often stood in the middle of **** no where, ages away from anywhere, with my horse which "fell asleep" meaning I have to walk about, looking for a new horse and having no saddle and no rounds for my "tranquilizer dart gun to make animals sleep". 

So last night I found a small dwelling filled with dead guys with a meteorite in the middle of it, as well as a large meteorite in a forest.  I love finding corpses with maps, I've got loads of maps things now and I found a tree with cash in it! woohoo.. Then at 11.40pm I'm thinking, one last quick task, to get to a town, so I can start anew tomorrow.. So at roughly 12.40am I finally win the whole pot of money in poker and call it a day.  The last guy wouldn't take his beatings..

Now I'm dead. 

I was about to ask you where the hell you got a tranquiliser dart from. Then I realised.

• Haha 1

Went back to my Chapter 3 save and caught up to where I was. It's surprising how quickly you can get through this game when skipping cut-scenes. You don't actually do a fat lot other than ride around and occasionally shoot people. Which I know is kind of obvious, but when playing through the game naturally with cut-scenes it feels more varied.

Anywho, just got to Chapter 5 and ....

Spoiler

Not sure if I like the direction the game has taken. Feels a bit out of place tbh. The island looks lovely but I dunno, kinda feel like i'm starting again. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Anywho, just got to Chapter 5 and ....

Hide contents

Not sure if I like the direction the game has taken. Feels a bit out of place tbh. The island looks lovely but I dunno, kinda feel like i'm starting again. 

Spoiler

You are pretty much starting again it seems. I got to Chapter 5 earlier today and my thoughts are not great right now, but I'm trying to keep my thoughts open as maybe Chapter 6 gives most of the stuff back. (I hope...) 

I'm just salty that it seems all my money is gone which is a trope in games I don't really like. Strip me of all my cash, weapons and abilities at the start of the game, I really don't care as they weren't MY weapons, money and abilities, but this far into the game? All that shit lost at the start of Chapter 5 are MY weapons and money... A **** ton of exploration and searching and hunting and side quests and encounters went into that and for what? Some side story on an island? I don't see what this will add to the story at all, but again I'm kinda salty and maybe it'll wind up being good..

This is the first time the game has done something I'm not 100% sold on though, so I'm curious to see where it goes. 

Update on my Chapter 5 thoughts..

Spoiler

I'm slightly less salty now. Now while I won't go into what caused a shift in thinking as even though this is in a spoiler box, I don't think I need to spoil it. All I can say is while the start of Chapter 5 took a turn for the worst, but it appears to be correcting itself a bit.

40 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Update on my Chapter 5 thoughts..

Hide contents

I'm slightly less salty now. Now while I won't go into what caused a shift in thinking as even though this is in a spoiler box, I don't think I need to spoil it. All I can say is while the start of Chapter 5 took a turn for the worst, but it appears to be correcting itself a bit.

Spoiler

I feel the same way, was going to post something similar myself but didn't want to spoil it for you :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

My opinion on this game has been a right journey.

During the 1st chapter, I thought the controls were horrible and the whole thing felt clunky. Then I got used to it and thought it was the best game ever. Now I'm where I was at halfway through the first game, where I'm just trundling through and losing interest slightly.

I didn't finish the first one though, I know I'll finish this.

This game is all over the place for me. If I was to give it a score based solely on scale, scope and detail then it would be a solid 10/10. If I was to add in the less than stellar controls and cookie cutter mission design that serves more as a spoon to feed us narrative? Then I'd give this an 8/10. It's a weird one for me as the game is both phenomenal and good/average at the exact same time. 

• Like 1

I haven't played a mission in over a week, I do only need a perfect cougar pelt to craft the final satchel before moving on to  ollecting pelts for the trapper. I think I might have a problem. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, V01 said:

I haven't played a mission in over a week, I do only need a perfect cougar pelt to craft the final satchel before moving on to  ollecting pelts for the trapper. I think I might have a problem. 

Haha! I think we’re playing different games, I haven’t hunted anything.

1 hour ago, V01 said:

**** them **** cougars. Took me ages to find the ones for the satchel only to find out i need to kill 5 with a bow and arrow for the master hunter challenges.

I'm still having an absolute murderous hoot on this, although from a purely personal point of view it's still slightly behind AC Odyssey as my GOTY contender. Maybe once I've finished both I'll be able to give a more definitive choice.

Edited by Designer1
Odyssey not Origins doh!

Â