Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

ERMAGAWD it's lovely innit? 

Only done the winter stuff and got to the 1st pretty camp, but wow it's gorgeous.  I'm kinda hoping the snow isn't gone forever, because it looked great. 

I won't be rushing through this, I'll do what I did with RDR, no fast travelling or anything, just taking my time, absorbing as much of it as I can.  The animations are very well done.  I like the looting, everything is very paced and realistic, I like that. 

A tip for those who get stuck looking for stuff in houses, use the L3/R3 buttons which highlight stuff to be opened in rooms etc.

The gun play is way better too, less auto aim than RDR which made everything an insta headshot. 

Had one little bug where I couldn't shoot the wolves when the guy had to carry john, but then I switched fire buttons to L1/R1, which I use on all games and that fixed the issue.  Really looking forward to having another hour or so tonight.  My lad wants to ride a horse on it.  I'm torn because 1.  He should absolutely not be playing games (although he likes pressing "go" on Rocket League (I must stress, I never play with him around)) and 2.  He definitely shouldn't be playing a Rockstar game :lol:  But as long as he' just wiggles the L3 around to drive a horse, that's not too bad, is it? :D  

He only knows about it because my wife bought it for me and she said it's about cowboys :lol:  

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My lad wants to ride a horse on it.  I'm torn because 1.  He should absolutely not be playing games (although he likes pressing "go" on Rocket League (I must stress, I never play with him around)) and 2.  He definitely shouldn't be playing a Rockstar game :lol:  But as long as he' just wiggles the L3 around to drive a horse, that's not too bad, is it? :D  

He only knows about it because my wife bought it for me and she said it's about cowboys :lol:  

Just tell him to **** off and stop ruining the one part of your life he hasn't manage to get to yet

;)

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Just tell him to **** off and stop ruining the one part of your life he hasn't manage to get to yet

;)

Nah it's good fun! Let's me have a quick go when I should be doing other stuff :lol:

He'll be better than you in no time on RL too mate ;) 

• Like 1

Did anyone else find that they went from being really poor to quite wealthy mid-way through Chapter 3?

Not sure if my early playing style was off, but I seem to have more money than I know what to do with now.

I'm starting to get the bug for this game, finally. Really enjoying it now after really struggling with it initially.  Some of it is still a bit frustrating, mainly the controls,  like having both LT and RT draw your weapon.......why? Just let me draw my weapon with LT and talk to people with RT or something. Sometimes when i'm trying to talk to someone i'll draw my weapon by mistake and then shit gets bloody.

I had a weird encounter in Chapter 3...

Spoiler

I was riding back to the camp and I noticed 2 people were stood over a safe, they were talking about shooting the lock off it. I went up to them to have a chat and they were quite hostile so they died :lol: ...... but I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do with the safe? Blasting it with a shotgun didn't seem to open it. Anyone come across this side mission ?

Edited by PieFacE

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Hide contents

I was riding back to the camp and I noticed 2 people were stood over a safe, they were talking about shooting the lock off it. I went up to them to have a chat and they were quite hostile so they died :lol: ...... but I couldn't work out what I was supposed to do with the safe? Blasting it with a shotgun didn't seem to open it. Anyone come across this side mission ?

Had exactly the same last night. I did wonder afterwards if some dynamite could have worked but too late now.

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Had exactly the same last night. I did wonder afterwards if some dynamite could have worked but too late now.

I didn't think about that! 

I'm guessing if I go back to that spot, the item in question will be gone? 

Edited by PieFacE

I went into Chapter 3 with about $6000 thanks to treasure maps and exploring and now I have like $8400. Chapter 3 definitely seems set up to give all players some cash just in-case they don't have much money by that point in the game. 

As for your question @PieFacE the item in question will be gone. That said random encounters while random can repeat so there is a chance the scene will play out again. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I went into Chapter 3 with about $6000 thanks to treasure maps and exploring and now I have like $8400. Chapter 3 definitely seems set up to give all players some cash just in-case they don't have much money by that point in the game. 

As for your question @PieFacE the item in question will be gone. That said random encounters while random can repeat so there is a chance the scene will play out again. 

Did you follow the treasure maps without help from the internet? I received one map and have absolutely no idea where it is. It just points to a rock somewhere. Could be fecking anywhere :lol: 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Did you follow the treasure maps without help from the internet? I received one map and have absolutely no idea where it. It just points to a rock somewhere. Could be fecking anywhere :lol: 

I followed some of them without help from the Internet which is likely why I am 70 hours in and only 40% completion ?

The biggest one I couldn't figure out was a map that was essentially "find a tree and follow it to another tree" which is real helpful in a game littered with trees. Some of the others I lucked out on either through recognising an area, or just plain dumb luck.

I'll likely use the Internet for the rest because the treasure hunts seem to be getting more elaborate. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

My kids now automatically run out of the room every time I shoot an animal!

That's parent of the year stuff right there!

My OH got legitimately annoyed with me for about 5 minutes after shooting a horse yesterday. What was I to do? Had to test out a new pump-action shotgun! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Did anyone else find that they went from being really poor to quite wealthy mid-way through Chapter 3?

Not sure if my early playing style was off, but I seem to have more money than I know what to do with now.

I'm starting to get the bug for this game, finally. Really enjoying it now after really struggling with it initially.  Some of it is still a bit frustrating, mainly the controls,  like having both LT and RT draw your weapon.......why? Just let me draw my weapon with LT and talk to people with RT or something. Sometimes when i'm trying to talk to someone i'll draw my weapon by mistake and then shit gets bloody.

Hide contents

Re. the spoiler

Spoiler

You can blow it open with dynamite. Fences sell dynamite and you can officially occasionally loot it

The random encounter stuff in this is quite good. There's a bit more variety than the first game, and they've been smart enough to remix some of the repetitions -

Spoiler

The guy trying to fix his horse's shoe I've come across twice, with different outcomes each time. The first time, he got distracted and the horse kicked him in the head, killing him. The second, the horse bolted and he frantically chased after it.

They've also mixed up how these encounters happen. Cool minor moment spoiler follows

Spoiler

Last night I went to the gunsmith in Saint Denis and as I entered a guy barged me. I then noticed it quickly flashed up I'd lost $100, and the shopkeeper said something like 'hey I think that guy robbed you'. Queue a chase through the backstreets leading to a scuffle with a guy I ran into and eventually me threatening the robber to give back the cash.

Noooo think my save is broken. Was on a mission in Chapter 4, it was in a cut-scene, got some weird message pop up on the screen saying I need to sign in and it returned me to the main screen. Now, whenever I try to load my save it gets stuck in a loading loop and never loads the save. FFS. Not starting again.

EDIT:

Looks like i'm not the only one...

FFFFUUUUU.... this is such bullshit. Can't go back to that **** snow mission.

Edited by PieFacE

Â