Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

I'm finding it much more fun being a total dick to everybody than I am being honorable. Spent 4 hours today going to peoples houses (not homesteads) on the map, killing them and taking their belongings. It very rarely gets me more than 30-50 dollars, but the amount of houses you can actually enter in this game is staggering.

On 30/10/2018 at 11:12, choffer said:

I'm already spending way too much time playing poker. I've no idea why as the amounts I'm winning are paltry and there's so much to explore.

As in life, I should get out more.

haha snap, I keep logging in, wondering what to do and then playing poker for 2 hours!! Winning $10 at best!!! :)

You know it's a good game when tiny little elements can keep you interested for so long.

Don't antagonize people in Saint Dennis. I accidentally hit O when trying to greet someone, and they started sprinting away saying they will get the cops. I sprint after him confused, and next thing I know, the whole city is shooting at me for antagonizing one person on accident. 

Apparently that is disturbing the peace. That is over the top. 

27 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Don't antagonize people in Saint Dennis. I accidentally hit O when trying to greet someone, and they started sprinting away saying they will get the cops. I sprint after him confused, and next thing I know, the whole city is shooting at me for antagonizing one person on accident. 

Apparently that is disturbing the peace. That is over the top. 

Good to know, don't think I've made it that far in the game yet!

Seems a fairly major bug has been discovered. At the start of Chapter 2, it's possible for certain members of the camp to completely disappear, which prevents their request missions appearing which in turn seemingly blocks certain things in the game.

To prevent this happening you need to speak to these characters and then sleep before attempting the mission from Uncle at the start of the chapter.

That's a bit of a major one to miss...

I genuinely have no idea if I've been affected by this as I spent most of Chapter 2 not doing much around camp, but I think I may have as I didn't even notice there was a kid in the camp until a mission forced me to interact with him, when he suddenly appeared.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Seems a fairly major bug has been discovered. At the start of Chapter 2, it's possible for certain members of the camp to completely disappear, which prevents their request missions appearing which in turn seemingly blocks certain things in the game.

To prevent this happening you need to speak to these characters and then sleep before attempting the mission from Uncle at the start of the chapter.

I genuinely have no idea if I've been affected by this as I spent most of Chapter 2 not doing much around camp, but I think I may have as I didn't even notice there was a kid in the camp until a mission forced me to interact with him, when he suddenly appeared.

Yeah unless someone compiles a list of camp members that we're supposed to have then I can imagine no one will truly know who is missing. 

19 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I'm finding it much more fun being a total dick to everybody than I am being honorable. Spent 4 hours today going to peoples houses (not homesteads) on the map, killing them and taking their belongings. It very rarely gets me more than 30-50 dollars, but the amount of houses you can actually enter in this game is staggering.

If I'm not in a mission I'll stock up on ammo and find a nice camping spot in town . Then I'll see just how high a pile of bodies I can build . I've still only done 20% as I want to prolong that aspect , but I have a bounty on me pretty much across the entire map, even parts the story hasn't presented to me. I know I'm not supposed to be in Saint Denis yet but my word it's fun turning the place into a war zone with a simple stabbing.   My tactic for lowering the wanted level is to simply straight line it at full pelt whilst downing tonics. I've killed more horses than Aintree doing that but it works . 

When you're happy to spend an hour opening draws and cupboards you know the game's special. 

A scope on a high powered rifle unsurprisingly makes hunting big animals a piece of piss. So easy in fact the game actually rates hunting like that as a bad moral choice. I'm not sure there's that much difference between hitting an elk in the head from miles away or blowing its face off up close with a shotgun slug but the game seems to think so. Perhaps it views the getting close as more skillful/fairer to the animal...

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

15 hours ago, Daweii said:

Yeah unless someone compiles a list of camp members that we're supposed to have then I can imagine no one will truly know who is missing. 

I found out the following last night, thankfully they are all in my camp at Horseshoe Overlook. It all stems from if you do the mission for Uncle first of all. See link for the explanation

Missing Characters

Basically, the bug means that the characters of Sadie Adler, Abigail Marston, and Jack Marston (John Marston’s son) will not appear in Chapter 2’s Horseshoe Overlook camp. Players are also reporting that Red Dead Redemption protagonist John Marston himself may not appear either. At the very least, John may be around during certain missions and to hand out his own key story missions, but during regular camp exploration all four characters are totally absent.

Edited by NeilS

I've not got this yet, but a mate showed me a video of some of the ridiculous attention to detail in the game.  The stand out for me, was Arthur walking past a barrel with a few small items on it (bullet box, paper etc), as he passed, his hand grazes the box and it begins to fall to the floor, but Arthur quickly reacts to catch the box of bullets falling on the floor.  I mean, someone had to programme that, and it means absolutely nothing in the game, but they still did it.  It was 1st person.  

Stupidly small detail, which R* have gone to the effort of creating, just to keep us immersed.  

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I've not got this yet, but a mate showed me a video of some of the ridiculous attention to detail in the game.  The stand out for me, was Arthur walking past a barrel with a few small items on it (bullet box, paper etc), as he passed, his hand grazes the box and it begins to fall to the floor, but Arthur quickly reacts to catch the box of bullets falling on the floor.  I mean, someone had to programme that, and it means absolutely nothing in the game, but they still did it.  It was 1st person.  

Stupidly small detail, which R* have gone to the effort of creating, just to keep us immersed.  

I've not seen anything like that, is that real?

It's probably silly, but one of the things I've really loved so far is the interaction with the NPCs and the transition between 'free play' and doing a mission. It's so smooth, it plays out like a movie.

Finally got onto Chapter 2. Really struggling to find time to get stuck into this game.

One thing I will say though is wow, it looks amazing on the X. The detail in everything is insane. Once you get out the initial snow missions it really looks fantastic. 

35 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've not seen anything like that, is that real?

It's probably silly, but one of the things I've really loved so far is the interaction with the NPCs and the transition between 'free play' and doing a mission. It's so smooth, it plays out like a movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9s2dme/another_amazing_detail_i_knocked_a_barrel_and/?utm__source=reddit  

I'm really struggling with this. Keep going through doors and accidentally bumping into people, which leads to a fight, which leads to the law being onto me, which leads to me dying. 

I haven't got the patience to play this game at the pace it wants you to. It's kinda dull. 

Â