Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

1 hour ago, hogso said:

What version are people ordering? I can't see how any of the DLC stuff in the special and ultimate represents £15 or £30 worth of content, so I've gone for the standard. I dare say it's quite good, but I'm sure the mission and hideout (basically the only things I would be interested in) will be available individually at some point down the line.

Just gone for the standard version. If they make any story dlc I’ll wait for a sale on the season pass. After promising story dlc for gta v and then not delivering it I was pissed off last time so I’m waiting this time.

57 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I still can't decide whether to buy a ps4 pro or wait until the PC release comes out in a year or two. A game like this deserves better than the poverty spec of the base ps4,

That’s why I’ve just spunked a grand on a new 55” hdr10 4K TV and an Xbox one X. You can live off rice crackers and water for 6 months right?!

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I still can't decide whether to buy a ps4 pro or wait until the PC release comes out in a year or two. A game like this deserves better than the poverty spec of the base ps4,

why no just buy an xbox one x if you're looking at a pro, All multi platform games look & run far better on the X than the pro meaning it is the closest you will get to any eventual PC version

im sure i had seen somewhere the pro is dropping to the same price as the normal one, not sure when though

and unless you have both is anyone buying an xbone over the PS4? multiplat might be slightly better but the ps4 is smashing exclusives 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

im sure i had seen somewhere the pro is dropping to the same price as the normal one, not sure when though

and unless you have both is anyone buying an xbone over the PS4? multiplat might be slightly better but the ps4 is smashing exclusives 

I did. Halo & Forza Horizon > God of War for me personally. Be boring if everyone bought the same console. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Got both but given the choice of only having one i would pick xbox every time. PS4 is an expensive ornament bar yakuza games for me.

I have only ever played 2 halo & Gears of war games too so not like i am mad for the exclusives other than Forza

Edited by LakotaDakota

9 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Got both but given the choice of only having one i would pick xbox every time. PS4 is an expensive ornament bar yakuza games for me.

I have only ever played 2 halo & Gears of war games too so not like i am mad for the exclusives other than Forza

Yeah but Gran Turismo Sport > Forza ;) 

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

um-no-meme.jpg

I'm kidding. I haven't played a Forza for years.

Actually, I'm half kidding. I do think the general consensus is that GT Sport is better. But I can't have an opinion as I've only played one side of the argument.

Rockstar have caught some flack for boasting some of their team had been doing 100hr weeks to get this done. Their response hasn't helped either - people aren't forced to work such crazy hours and it's a privilege to work for them.

Hmm.

Rockstar have previous for working teams to the bone - Red Dead Redemption 1 supposedly had a horrendous development period with many of the team kinda hating it by the end (see also the fact RDR1 is apparently a complete mess underneath that barely hangs together, which is why it never got a PC port and also why it has so many bizarre bugs), L.A. Noire's development was a nightmare. I'm not sure they treat their staff that well, and can only assume there's a pay premium to work there (or that they have terrible staff turnover). It's a shame they make such good stuff as it rewards the shitty practices.

Of course 'crunch' isn't something unique to Rockstar and it's plagued the games industry for years (with stories of staff basically living in their offices to get things finished, right down to sleeping bags on the floor, being all too common), but Rockstar seem to particularly have stories of how bad things get as deadlines loom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

can only assume there's a pay premium to work there

:lol:

The gaming industry pays like shit, and Rockstar are no exceptions.

Even for shit game industry salaries, Rockstar pay poorly, they get in a bunch of mugs who would love to work for Rockstar and work them to the bone. some of those guys putting in ridiculous hours will be on less than 30k in central Edinburgh.

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Rockstar have caught some flack for boasting some of their team had been doing 100hr weeks to get this done. Their response hasn't helped either - people aren't forced to work such crazy hours and it's a privilege to work for them.

Hmm.

Rockstar have previous for working teams to the bone - Red Dead Redemption 1 supposedly had a horrendous development period with many of the team kinda hating it by the end (see also the fact RDR1 is apparently a complete mess underneath that barely hangs together, which is why it never got a PC port and also why it has so many bizarre bugs), L.A. Noire's development was a nightmare. I'm not sure they treat their staff that well, and can only assume there's a pay premium to work there (or that they have terrible staff turnover). It's a shame they make such good stuff as it rewards the shitty practices.

Of course 'crunch' isn't something unique to Rockstar and it's plagued the games industry for years (with stories of staff basically living in their offices to get things finished, right down to sleeping bags on the floor, being all too common), but Rockstar seem to particularly have stories of how bad things get as deadlines loom.

May as well go the full hit and order it off Amazon then  ?

Join the queue. It’s not just the gaming industry. It’s pretty much every sector these days plus the gig economy. Shit jobs, shit conditions and shit pay is the status quo for this country now. I work in the NHS and it’s no different. Over worked, unsafe conditions and shit pay. Doesn’t make it less important to sort it out but yeah. I can only dream of earning close to 30k. I’m still getting the game. Crack on and make my swinging horse bollocks animations realistic you coding slaves!

This isn’t a ‘it’s crap for me so lump it’ kind of post. I genuinely acknowledge there’s an issue but there are issues in every job sector that need sorting. Under a Tory government what do you expect for workers rights? It’ll be worse soon as May et al go extra evil with no EU stuff to hold them back. 

14 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Simplygames have emailed me to say there's a nationwide agreement to not post the game until release date ? **** you Rockstar

Same for me. As long as it’s here on Friday that’s all that matters. If it’s late I’ll be annoyed.

17 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Simplygames have emailed me to say there's a nationwide agreement to not post the game until release date ? **** you Rockstar

Given there is a sizeable day one patch to finish the game I don't think I'd want to play it early anyway. 

I've surprised myself and have gone down the digital preorder route. It seems it's the best chance I'm going to have to get out of bed at 7am and be able to play it straight away. Is that worth the extra £10? Not sure. But I'm happy to pay it in this instance. 

Edited by hogso

Â