Red Dead Redemption 2

hogso

I may be jumping the gun here a little bit, but I didn't want to horse around given the 'leak' that has occurred, so thought I'd whip up a new thread.

Techradar are carrying an article which has been 'verified by their own independent source'. Shaky as that is,  at the very least it provides a talking point. Here's the alledged leaked map, which originally came from a NeoGAF thread

Red%20Dead%20map%20leak.jpg

The bottom left of the map contains Tall Trees and Great Plains, areas both present in Redemption. It's suggested as well that the game is set before Redemption. The Great Plains in this map does not show a railroad in that area, which backs that up. The think yellow trail is the railroad.

It's a great whacking area, and something akin to what you'd expect from the new game. There's an awful lot of water which is something we didn't really need to worry about in Redemption - cue canoe boats and paddle steamers perhaps? If they're of the era, I'm not particularly learned in the tech of the time, admittedly, but I think about Bayou's and in my minds eye I see those great huge paddle steamers.

The areas seem quite diverse, there's Plains, Bayou/Marsh, Valley, Forest, Mountains...but then, if you wanted to make a fake map, that's what you would do, isn't it?

The linked article also refers to the settlement of New Bordeaux - a fictional town based on New Orleans which is also set to appear in Mafia 3, developed by a Take 2 stablemate. I can't quite decide if that makes this more legit or less...think I'm wavering to the latter. Regardless, it has me very, very excited for what the actual game will bring, and I do like the idea of a game set during the 'wild west' rather than 'the death of the west'.

• Like 1

If you look at it from the perspective that so many games have gone annual, GTA and MGS have released in the last couple of years, the resident evil series has gone down the pan, final fantasy isn't what it was, GT doesn't have the general appeal, last guardian, shenmue 3, FF7 remake all already announced... I honestly can think of a bigger title that people want another of, if they announced this at E3 it would smash the show, I can't think of anything that would top it, if they can keep it secret and then fleece either MS or Sony and they drop it mid conference...

Insert randy from South Park pic

10/10 would definitely look at horses rumps again.

Hope they give you a lasso which you can tie to trees and trip up coaches to loot or make cowboys fall off their horses.

The only thing RDR missed out on.

Scrap any farm based missions though . Cattle herding does not  make great entertainment. 

I actually quite liked that.. it was good story telling, before... y'know..

(That's how to do czechlad!!)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Scrap any farm based missions though . Cattle herding does not  make great entertainment. 

But... it is the very definition of cowboy :blink:

• Like 1

Â