Pre-Match Thread

John

21 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We have to score early here because its no secret to how Bolton are going to approach this one.

We (the fans) would play straight into their hands... We don't have to score early, we just need to do what it takes to win the game.

I would imagine their gaffa has already told them to keep it tight and they will get booed off at halftime and the fans willl be on their own players backs come second half. 

Composure is what we need form both fans and players and up pops JT in the 94 minute :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I know it was the start of the season, but Bolton didn't play too badly against Leeds. Still think we will win today though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually come out fighting. Just watched the highlights and they weren't too bad then (they were pretty bad don't get me wrong)... but I suppose they were still on a roll from the promotion. 

I reckon we'll win 2-0 :) I think Bolton will be relegated this year, just don't see them having enough in them.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

We (the fans) would play straight into their hands... We don't have to score early, we just need to do what it takes to win the game.

I would imagine their gaffa has already told them to keep it tight and they will get booed off at halftime and the fans willl be on their own players backs come second half. 

Composure is what we need form both fans and players and up pops JT in the 94 minute :D

Absolutely ...We need Bruce to keep this run going to alleviate some of this pressure.

It absurd that if we are not in front within the first 45 minutes the booing starts, its totally counter productive to having a successful team!

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

I have officially declared to myself that I am going to actually look forward to this on the way I used to when I was happy going to watch us.

I hate the fact that going to Villa Park has been something I do out of habit, not something enjoyable. 

I have barely celebrated goals recently, just worrying we will probably concede shortly afterwards. 

But after recent results I have felt a little tingle of excitement for today. Hopefully it's the start of the magic coming back. 

Would love big crowds being exited and expecting us to put teams to the sword. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Trying hard to look forward to this game but all I can see is a bloody great banana skin.

6 years of miserable failure have put a cap on the amount if hope and optimism I can have about Villa.

Can see Bolton nicking it 1-0 or 2-1.

Cant see Bolton winning. Other than Palace at Man U, the bookies have Bolton down as the least likely team to win in the country today.

I'll go 2 - 0 the Villa.

I know what you mean about capping hope though. Surely after recents results we are due a bad run. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Trying hard to look forward to this game but all I can see is a bloody great banana skin.

6 years of miserable failure have put a cap on the amount if hope and optimism I can have about Villa.

Can see Bolton nicking it 1-0 or 2-1.

I love it !!

Genuinely made me chuckle -  you have been so much more optimistic than me and for the first time I am actually looking forward to it and feeling good about our chances you have gone the other way !!

Lets hope I'm right !

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I hate the fact that going to Villa Park has been something I do out of habit, not something enjoyable. 

I have barely celebrated goals recently, just worrying we will probably concede shortly afterwards. 

But after recent results I have felt a little tingle of excitement for today. Hopefully it's the start of the magic coming back. 

Would love big crowds being exited and expecting us to put teams to the sword. 

Exactly how I have been and how I am today - word for word.

• Like 1

Think will be a decent crowd today. Tried to buy tickets for me and the family last night but couldnt find anywhere with 5 seats in a row available, so bought tickets for the Fulham game instead, but would have preferred going today.

Don't know why people buy tickets with a seat gap, the number of single available seats scattered around is shocking, surely it cant be that hard to program into the software to stop people leaving single seat gaps?

Let's keep the run going boys, can't see anything but a comfortable home win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Absolutely ...We need Bruce to keep this run going to alleviate some of this pressure.

It absurd that if we are not in front within the first 45 minutes the booing starts, its totally counter productive to having a successful team!

I don't boo but I can see why there has been some its not because we ve  not been winning.

Most fans are desparate to cheer the team on and whether in front or not will be largely behind the team f we play positively like the other night - which I am sure we will.

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Think will be a decent crowd today. Tried to buy tickets for me and the family last night but couldnt find anywhere with 5 seats in a row available, so bought tickets for the Fulham game instead, but would have preferred going today.

Don't know why people buy tickets with a seat gap, the number of single available seats scattered around is shocking, surely it cant be that hard to program into the software to stop people leaving single seat gaps?

Let's keep the run going boys, can't see anything but a comfortable home win.

I would always have a seat gap by choice but only because I am a miserable beersteward who hates other people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1