Pre-Match Thread

John

Unchanged team please as we seem to be building some momentum.  Has to be 3 points here or the good work recently achieved will be undone.  Think we'll be ok though and can see a 3-0 result.  Kodjia to get off the mark too hopefully. 

I have officially declared to myself that I am going to actually look forward to this on the way I used to when I was happy going to watch us.

( I am sure there was such a time)

Even if Bruce is going to batten the hatches and spoil everything it won't be against Bolton.

So I anticipate our best performance for many years and rousing victory by 3 goals.

What could possibly go wrong ?

• Like 4

In David Prutton's Sky Sports predictions, we're the only team he's predicted to win by more than 2 goals. If only he was better at getting results right! :(

Come on Villa team, my surrogate family, please, please, please win this game and if you do my overriding emotion will be one of relief, relief to go into the international break on a high, relief to be in the play-off places, hopefully fingers crossed, relief to stay on this winning run.  As mad as this will sound for sure to people who don't like football/sport, a win tomorrow will be one of the things that helps me to stay positive and more or less happy in this mad world !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

In David Prutton's Sky Sports predictions, we're the only team he's predicted to win by more than 2 goals. If only he was better at getting results right! :(

Come on Villa team, my surrogate family, please, please, please win this game and if you do my overriding emotion will be one of relief, relief to go into the international break on a high, relief to be in the play-off places, hopefully fingers crossed, relief to stay on this winning run.  As mad as this will sound for sure to people who don't like football/sport, a win tomorrow will be one of the things that helps me to stay positive and more or less happy in this mad world !

Guaranteed 0-0 now. Cheers. 

• Haha 2

The team shouldn't change but we need to start looking at the bench. Thor is hopeless so I'd use Gabby as the LW cover. Tomorrow hopefully will be ideal to bring  OHare on. We get a few goals up and try a few things out. For this reason I'd gave RDL on bench instead of Hutton. I'd like Lyden to be on the bench but Bruce never looks at him. If all goes to plan Hogan gets time up top in a 2 Onomah replaces Whelan to see if he can do that role then either RDL or OHare gets a run out 

• Like 1

No change to the 11 for me. Just go at them from minute 1, get an early goal and relax the fans and hopefully dominate them. 

Youd expect us to score a few again, but you never know. Bolton won’t come to do anything other than not lose, so can’t see them being too expansive in their play. That’s why the early goal is important, to keep away the frustrations. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It would be typical villa to lose this then get a result vs wolves :bang:

Or results could go our way and we go above them when we play In 2 weeks :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2