Pre-Match Thread

John

Bolton are our next visitors at 15.00 on Saturday 30/9/17. They have won their last two games at Villa Park. Our visitors beat us twice at Villa Park in season 2011/12 (1-2 & 0-2) in the league & League Cup respectively. Overal we have won 62, lost 59 and drawn 40 of the 161 games played between the two clubs. We were both founder members of the football league and we won the first two games played between the two clubs in 1888-89 (3-2 (a) & 6-2 (h)).

We need a win to stretch our unbeaten run to 8 games, to win 4 league games on the trot and to hopefully move into the top six. Bolton have not scored a goal in their last 6 league games. We have scored 9 goals in our last 3 league games. Current form and the league table points to another win for Villa but we should take nothing for granted. A 3-0 home win would be nice but I would take any sort of win on Saturday by 4 or more goals given the choice.;)

Another early goal in this and we’re laughing. We should win this, but need to ensure we don’t think it’s a given. 

A nice comfortable home win 3/4-0 would be lovely, but I’d take a 1-0 as points are the most important thing. 

I’d love Kodjia to get up and running for goals too. 

Potential banana skin when spirits are up so it's important that Villa play with the same intensity as in their previous game.

Do that and I can't see anything other than a comfy win by a two or three goal margin but it's Villa.....

I gone for a draw because it will be typical villa to put a massively great win with a shit one vs bolton. 1-1

anything other than a win for me would be a disaster. lets just ensure no reds as thats only way in theory bolton would get anything

A good friend of mine is a Brizzle City fan and he said on Tuesday Bolton made it difficult for them at times but they're not good enough to be in the second tier. However we are Villa after all and it would be so like us to slip up in this one. I agree that an early home goal is key to winning this one.

GK Johnstone

RB Elmo

CB Terry (c)

CB Chester

LB Taylor

RM Snodgrass

CM Whelan

CM Hourihane

LM Adomah

ST Kodjia

ST Davis

Subs: Steer, Hutton, Bjarnson, Hogan, Onomah, Samba, O'Hare.

Can't really change anything!!! 

I'd play

Johnstone

Elmohamady---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Onomah---Hourihane

Snodgrass---Davis---Kodija---Adomah

And have a prepared bench in case of fatigue.

Hopefully more of the positive attitude with our strong and intelligent strikers and our flowing winger/inside forwards combo.

4-2-4 (Or could be 4-6 which is why I understand the inclusion of Whelan as it's obviously been effective with him playing in front of the defence. However, I do believe Onomah has the energy to cover the whole pitch efficiently and link the play)

4-0 HT 6-0 FT :flag:

anigif_enhanced-11992-1417738909-20.gif

Santa is a Villa fan.

• Like 1