The Apple Thread

Stevo985

Anyone know anything about AirPods?

I got bought some Airpods Pro from my GF at christmas. 

I actually really like them even though I don't usually like ear buds that go right into your ears.

However, I have an issue where randomly the left airpod will lose charge even when they're not being used. So I'll go to use them, the case will be fully charged, the right airpod will be fully charged but the left one will be empty (or almost empty). Anyone experience anything like this or know a solution?

Obviously I've googled but apart from "disconnect them and reconnect them", which I've tried, I can't seem to get an answer

I don’t know anything about your problem other than if it were me I’d take them back for either a refund or exchange as it appears From what you have said that they are faulty. 

• Like 2

On 20/02/2020 at 14:17, Stevo985 said:

the left airpod will lose charge even when they're not being used.... the left one will be empty (or almost empty).

Sounds like a duff battery - get them replaced under the guarantee.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It only happens sometimes though

Ah, well it could be an iffy connection between battery and pod, or a bug, but either way they don't work as advertised and sold - take them back.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So I have been an android user since I traded in my iPhone 3GS for a Samsung. However, now i really want to get the apple watch and I know you need an iPhone to work alongside it. My wife got a free Galaxy Active Watch with her Samsung S10 but I am not sure I am a big fan of it. The menus are a bit clunky and the GPS always seems off for me. Plenty of people have told me that the Apple Watch is the best thing since slice bread so I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of it and if you think it's worth the switch from android? 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

So I have been an android user since I traded in my iPhone 3GS for a Samsung. However, now i really want to get the apple watch and I know you need an iPhone to work alongside it. My wife got a free Galaxy Active Watch with her Samsung S10 but I am not sure I am a big fan of it. The menus are a bit clunky and the GPS always seems off for me. Plenty of people have told me that the Apple Watch is the best thing since slice bread so I was wondering if anyone else had any experience of it and if you think it's worth the switch from android? 

I can't comment on the apple watch specifically.

But I went back to Apple 2 and a half years ago after being with Android for probably 8 years. When I left Apple for Android first time around I thought Android was way out in front in terms of my own personal experiense.
But when I went back to Apple it felt the other way round.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why Android is still better, especially in terms of value for money of course. But I haven't looked back since I jumped back. The 3 phones I've had since I jumped back (8 plus, XS Max and 11 pro max) have been the best phones I've ever owned.

You're paying over the odds, as you always will be with Apple. 

But if you have your heart set on the Apple Watch, then I would sau don't let changing your phone be the thing that holds you back. Again I don't have experience with the watch so can't say if it's worth it over some of the alternatives there

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Personally, I couldn't own a watch that has a battery life so poor - and yes I include all the Android Ware watches in that too. My smart watch doesn't need charging or battery changing ever., but there is a separate thread for smart watches.

Samsung probably make the worst Android devices you can buy, but again that's off topic.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, limpid said:

Personally, I couldn't own a watch that has a battery life so poor - and yes I include all the Android Ware watches in that too. My smart watch doesn't need charging or battery changing ever., but there is a separate thread for smart watches.

Samsung probably make the worst Android devices you can buy, but again that's off topic.

My Huawei watch lasts 16 days.

11 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

My Huawei watch lasts 16 days.

I’ve still not had to put my watch on charge, and it’s been even longer than that. Yes, it is a wind up.

Apple.

• 2 weeks later...

Got to be said I'm finding Apple quite frustrating at the moment.....

So been away from Apple for a number of years, needed a tablet so bought a 7th Gen iPad the other day foor £340 (ish) via PC World. Great, get it home start setting it up, email and password entered after setting up the WiFi.......

Two-Step verification sends a code, to my old number I hadn't used for a few years. Go about changing my number using their system (I've provided them with the full old number, my payment details which are still exactly the same) and I now have to wait a full 7 days from today to be able to access my account, despite being able to access it on iTunes with no issues. Can't do it through the apple website because again, it uses the two-step as I try to log in.

I'm all for making things secure, but this is ridiculous and over the top and I'm half tempted to just return the device and try and find a reasonable Android tablet.

9 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

I'm all for making things secure, but this is ridiculous and over the top and I'm half tempted to just return the device and try and find a reasonable Android tablet.

Don't buy an Android tablet. Off topic in here though.

26 minutes ago, limpid said:

Don't buy an Android tablet. Off topic in here though.

Yeah, I probably won't..... THey've really dropped off in terms of support. Back to Apple... Frustrating is the word!

2 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Yeah, I probably won't..... THey've really dropped off in terms of support. Back to Apple... Frustrating is the word!

Chrome tablets are significantly better.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone recommend a good photography app for an iPhone 11 ?

I am not a photography expert but just want something so i can get more out of my pictures.

I have NightCap which is good for night time taking pics of stars and the ISS but want something that can give me more.

Don't mind paying but free is better and it has to be easy to use.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This probably isn't the right thread for this so I apologise, but it is apple related. 

My son wants some air pods for his birthday. I've looked around and they are about £125, but I've stumbled on site called uksound.com that appear to be selling them for £70. 

I'm always suspicious of good deals and I can't find any reviews online. 

Has anyone heard off/used them?

Thanks in advance 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

This probably isn't the right thread for this so I apologise, but it is apple related. 

My son wants some air pods for his birthday. I've looked around and they are about £125, but I've stumbled on site called uksound.com that appear to be selling them for £70. 

I'm always suspicious of good deals and I can't find any reviews online. 

Has anyone heard off/used them?

Thanks in advance 

You sure that's the right site? I just visited uksound.com and it appears to be an american manufacturer of professional audio equipment

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You sure that's the right site? I just visited uksound.com and it appears to be an american manufacturer of professional audio equipment

This is what I'm looking at mate Link

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

dot top?? I'd stay well clear of that site.

I thought so mate. When something sounds to great a deal it normally is 

Â