The Apple Thread

Stevo985

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are there plans for an X Plus this year?
If so I'm all over that. I absolutely love my 8 Plus. Best phone I've ever had, and I love the bigger size.

Yeah there will be the 9, X and X+

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New iPhones announced.

Predictably they're well expensive.

XR which is the same as the X but "affordable" (I think)

Xs which is the upgrade on the X

And the XsMax which is the larger version.

I'll be looking at the XsMax I think, despite the fact it starts at an eye watering £1049. I love the bigger size of my 8Plus, XsMax is the same size (more or less) as the 8Plus but has the bigger screen. I'm on the upgrade program thingamajig so I'll see how much it will be and judge it on that.

Edited by Stevo985

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ve had my 6s coming up 21 months. Longest I’ve ever had a phone. I think I might go for an 8 soon as I like the screen size and home button. Shame about the lack of headphone jack though. 

The headphone jack thing wouldn't be an issue if there was a way to charge your phone while listening. That seems the biggest annoyance. Not for me personally but I can see how lots of people would need to charge while listening.

So is there a headphone jack on any of these new models?

Curious because my 6s isn't long for this world but the lack of a headphone jack will mean I look elsewhere. I don't want to also purchase other new stuff like headphones and some device to connect to my HiFi etc

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Curious because my 6s isn't long for this world but the lack of a headphone jack will mean I look elsewhere. I don't want to also purchase other new stuff like headphones and some device to connect to my HiFi etc

Nope. I must admit I was hanging on to my 6 becauseof the headphone jack. When it went wobbly last year, I had to replace it, and I've not really missed the headphone socket. The 8 came with a dongle ( I think these new ones don't, which is bad of Apple) and I bought a charge pad thing for a tenner of the internet so I can listen while charging it, if needs be - and it's all good. The 8 is a whole distance better than the 6 overall, even without the headphone socket, which I wish they had kept, really.

Incidentally, I recently got the duff 6 out of the box I'd put it in, did a reset and software update and it's behaving now, so I'm wondering if I was another victim of software glitches or whether the problem is a loose connector somewhere inside it. 

My 6s is working perfectly tbh but I'm sick of the shitty camera but I'll solve that when I buy a camera. The only thing wrong with it is the battery is lasts 2 hours tops without being attached to my little battery block but I can solve that for £25. What I really want is to turn it into a data only device for taking card payments and spotify etc for in the car (primarily because I don't want a new phone hanging off the dashboard in full view to all)

The reason I really want a new phone is to get a larger screen as I'm finding the screen size is getting on my tits for doing work on and that's my principal reason for change

Just an idea I'm toying with really as my crash claim money should be sorted sooner rather than later and its beginning to but a hole before I've even got it

You get the headphone adapter with the phone so it’s no drama as far as the headphones are concerned. Or just use the new pods that come with it.

i like the new phones. I’ve had my 6 for 3 years now, think it’s time for an updgrade. Tempted by either the 8 or the XR... 

Edited by Tayls

17 hours ago, bickster said:

No headphone jack.

They ship with a dongle that you can plug normal headphones into.

The only issue, as I said above, is if you want to listen to music AND charge your phone, because they use the same socket.

Outside of that it's a total non issue.

16 hours ago, bickster said:

My 6s is working perfectly tbh but I'm sick of the shitty camera but I'll solve that when I buy a camera. The only thing wrong with it is the battery is lasts 2 hours tops without being attached to my little battery block but I can solve that for £25. What I really want is to turn it into a data only device for taking card payments and spotify etc for in the car (primarily because I don't want a new phone hanging off the dashboard in full view to all)

The reason I really want a new phone is to get a larger screen as I'm finding the screen size is getting on my tits for doing work on and that's my principal reason for change

Just an idea I'm toying with really as my crash claim money should be sorted sooner rather than later and its beginning to but a hole before I've even got it

Sounds like you need a tablet to be honest.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No headphone jack.

They ship with a dongle that you can plug normal headphones into.

The only issue, as I said above, is if you want to listen to music AND charge your phone, because they use the same socket.

Outside of that it's a total non issue.

Is this “dongle” something that sits outside the natural shape of the phone, if so that’s still an issue for me

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is this “dongle” something that sits outside the natural shape of the phone, if so that’s still an issue for me

It's basically just an short extension of your headphones. No big deal except the charging thing. Just leave them on the headphones. If you are swapping them between devices and alternating between lightning and 3.5, then yes, it a extra hassle.

image.png.97a7839d7887dd6c55c2bfcbd21f0557.png

• Thanks 1

Â