• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Hogan
    • Onomah
    • Bjarnason
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/09/17 at 14:00

Only seen the highlights....but the footwork has clearly perplexed Burton.....our guile has undone them.

looks like we are finally being able to find each other.....Snodgrass is a welcome addition too, good vision.

I've made no secret that I want Bruce to stay, I think tonight is some evidence that he can be an effective manager in this league. 

It's nice to have a bit of momentum on the back of good performances and good results. When we went on a run last season it felt a bit false as we were pinching victories. 

Highlight today was Snodgrass. He put the ball in for Adomah to score the second, obviously scored the third and put the ball in for Hogan that led to the 4th. We often talk about the 'killer ball' on VT and how we lack it. Well there it is.

Adomah looked dangerous every time he got the ball. Davis is a brute with tons of ability, Hourihane looks assured, Terry and Chester in control. 

To me it felt as if attacking wise things were beginning to 'click'. 

Onto the next one, Bolton at home, current bottom team. Another goalfest please!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

I've made no secret that I want Bruce to stay, I think tonight is some evidence that he can be an effective manager in this league. 

It's nice to have a bit of momentum on the back of good performances and good results. When we went on a run last season it felt a bit false as we were pinching victories. 

Highlight today was Snodgrass. He put the ball in for Adomah to score the second, obviously scored the third and put the ball in for Hogan that led to the 4th. We often talk about the 'killer ball' on VT and how we lack it. Well there it is.

Adomah looked dangerous every time he got the ball. Davis is a brute with tons of ability, Hourihane looks assured, Terry and Chester in control. 

To me it felt as if attacking wise things were beginning to 'click'. 

Onto the next one, Bolton at home, current bottom team. Another goalfest please!

just another win ,will do, don't get greedy.....slowly,slowly catch a monkey.

Absolutely stonking. 

Before people start banging on about it only being Burton, bear in mine they had only lost 1 of their last 6 league games.  And the one they lost, although badly was against Leeds who were flying. 

A team who loses 1 of 6 games are no awful pushovers by any measure. 

This is a great result AND performance. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

First time Villa have put a smile on my face in quite some time, this felt like a proper win and these have been quite rare over the last 4-5 years.

On another note watching Sunderland this season is like a carbon copy of Villa last year, clearly its not just us who struggled to break the demons of a truly pathetic premier league campaign, thankfully we look to have moved on from that now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Absolutely stonking. 

Before people start banging on about it only being Burton, bear in mine they had only lost 1 of their last 6 league games.  And the one they lost, although badly was against Leeds who were flying. 

A team who loses 1 of 6 games are no awful pushovers by any measure. 

This is a great result AND performance. 

Agree.

Not interested in rubbishing Burton......anyway its undignified and can come back and bite your arse.

Just pleased for my team and the manner of the way it was executed

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â