Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite

Chindie

So MvCI is out.

It's sold absolutely sod all.

I'm not terribly good at 'Mahvel' and never have been, but the games always have such ludicrous over the topness they are usually fun even if you're shit at them.

I dunno why, this one, so far, isn't fun. It plays weirdly. Movement has loads of weight so it feels like if you're not dashing you're not playing it right. It also has some obscene timing on combos - I had a crack at a training mission that requires you to use an infinity stone, do a basic combo and follow up with 2 specials with simple inputs. I can't do it. I'm not great at fighters but it's a basic combo string and 2 fireballs basically, but I couldn't do it.

It also has a completely rubbish final boss that is literally just a punch sponge that hits absurdly hard.

And it has a rubbish roster, because of Marvel's tiff with Fox there's no X-Men or F4 characters, which are basically foundations of the series.

So yeah...I don't like it much. The fighting game community likes it though and reckons it plays very very very well.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

are they planning on DLC-ing a load of characters or is it definitely a no goer?

most of the reviews ive seen say it looks shite, has a rubbish story but the fighting is ace

hopefully it'll be on PSN+ by this time next year

There's DLC coming. 6 characters - Sigma, Monster Hunter, Black Panther, Venom, Black Widow, Winter Soldier - are already confirmed and it's been rumoured for ages there will be additional fighters after that in 'season' style groups apparently like they have done with SFV. Including the Fox characters apparently, which I simply don't believe will happen. My prediction for ages has been that they will take the archetypes of the popular Fox characters (Doom, Magneto, Wolverine) and use those as templates for other characters - Black Panther can easily become Wolverine-esque for example.

I think the looks thing is overdone. It looks very very very bland, especially for a versus fighter, but it's not the horror show many would have you believe.

Whether it plays well I'll have to put more time into it to decide. ATM I don't much like it.

On 9/25/2017 at 20:48, Chindie said:

And it has a rubbish roster, because of Marvel's tiff with Fox there's no X-Men or F4 characters, which are basically foundations of the series.

So yeah...I don't like it much. The fighting game community likes it though and reckons it plays very very very well.

I wondered why the hell wolverine is not in this game. For me if he or x-men characters are not present the guy will be shit

i am not suprised its flopped the roster is very poor and that will have an impact on sales I feel 

Â