PieFacE

Anyone feel like the keepers are abit shit? Same difficulty as last years and im winning games 7-3. Kinda makes it boring tbh. I've tried to mess with the keeper sliders, but there seems to be no middle ground, he's either shit or saves everything.

Keepers are a bit shit. Pretty much any finesse shot on target goes in. 

Finishing is also a bit shit as well. Numerous times I have been on a breakaway with Kodjia only for him to completely miss the net. I had a shot with Hourihane basically on the 6, and it somehow went wide. I tapped the shoot button as well since I was so close. 

Got to love the career mode player training. I signed Niklas Stark who is a young promising center back to villa, and have been doing the advanced defending drill every single week with him. He is now an 84 rated centerback with almost 90 defending stats, and it's only January in my first season. 

Green has 90 dribbling and some really high agility.

Grealish is basically Isco with his dribbling, passing, and shooting now.

Kodjia has 88 finishing

I also trained Onomah a lot in defending so now he is a 78 rated CM. 

On 10/2/2017 at 00:05, GarethRDR said:

And, funnily enough, I've already broken CM; it's entirely possible to loan a player in, then use that loanee as part of a player exchange deal with another club. Mark my words this will wind up being the only thing they fix.

Fixed in the first patch.  The gits never leave the fun stuff in!

On 02/10/2017 at 18:46, Daniel said:

Anyone feel like the keepers are abit shit? Same difficulty as last years and im winning games 7-3. Kinda makes it boring tbh. I've tried to mess with the keeper sliders, but there seems to be no middle ground, he's either shit or saves everything.

Yeah they are terrible. They barely save anything. Though a patch came out yesterday which apparently fixed them. 

I think I must be enjoying this game, I already got the Villa promoted, which has to be god knows how many hours sunk into the game already.  Kodjia scored just short of a goal a game, but the surprising  and therefore most pleasing contribution was the 16 goals and 14 assists from Conor Hourihane.  Best Jan signing (I disable the transfer window before the first season) goes to Malang Sarr who has replaced John Terry along side Chester as my starting CB.  Also good god Samba is slow, at the time of writing his sprint speed is 24.  Green is going along ok, but there is going to need to be some wheeling and dealing before my first season in the Prem as most of the team needs replacing or is out of contract. 

7 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I think I must be enjoying this game, I already got the Villa promoted, which has to be god knows how many hours sunk into the game already.  Kodjia scored just short of a goal a game, but the surprising  and therefore most pleasing contribution was the 16 goals and 14 assists from Conor Hourihane.  Best Jan signing (I disable the transfer window before the first season) goes to Malang Sarr who has replaced John Terry along side Chester as my starting CB.  Also good god Samba is slow, at the time of writing his sprint speed is 24.  Green is going along ok, but there is going to need to be some wheeling and dealing before my first season in the Prem as most of the team needs replacing or is out of contract. 

Hourihane is immense in the game.

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Hourihane is immense in the game.

He really is, but I can't really work out why.  His stats are not outstanding in any part of the game, but the whole does seem to be greater than the sum of the parts.  His finishing inside the box and especially from range has been great, he does lovely late runs into the box.  It is quite nice that a small variation in the stats of a player can give you quite a different experience controlling them.  I don't think it was anything like as pronounced in 17.

I'm finding the difficulty settings too easy this year. I usually play on world class, but i'm smacking teams by 4 or 5. Tried legendary and i still managed to get by teams like Man City with a very poor team.

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Cracked and bought this yesterday. At least it wasn't too expensive. $64AU

Where'd  you buy it from mate, I haven't been able to find a copy that's going for less than $80AU really

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This game is shite and so is PES, football games were better in 2004.

PES gameplay with FIFA UI/Matchmaking/Licenses would be the best of both worlds.

A new franchise needs to start making football games. Both are stale AF.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I tried negotiating a new contract with Green. He was on 10k, and was wanting 25k. I initially offered 18k and he keeps saying no over and over. I was going to try 23.5k, but said no point and just went and inputted the 25k he wanted. Green's agent gets furious with me and says it's clear I have no intention of keeping Green at the club. Now he is refusing to negotiate with me. 

WTF I literally offered him the wages he asked for. 

Career mode is broken. 

Terry and I agreed to a 1 year extension. Next season begins, and no Terry. Look up where he went, and he signed for a south american club and is make 3.3k a week. 

I signed Johnstone and Onomah to permanent deals, so now I have no budget. 

Tony also only gave me 18 million for getting promoted. How am I supposed to stay up with that? 

Â