Pre-match thread

Nigel

Johnstone 

DeLaet       Terry         Chester        Taylor

Whelan

Onamoah          Hourihane 

Snodgrass                                     Adomah 

Kodjia 

So what team do you think Bruce will put out tonight? Hoping he doesn't changing the team too much. This is what I would go for...

Johnston

Hutton Chester Terry Taylor

Snodgrass Hourihane Onomah Adomah

Hogan Kodja

Would have gone with Bree over Hutton but I believe he played last night for u23s? Rest Davis as he looked a bit jaded on Sat. Also Whelan needs a rest for me. We need plenty of energy in midfield because Burton will really come at us.

Thoughts?

36 minutes ago, KHV said:

Johnstone 

DeLaet       Terry         Chester        Taylor

Whelan

Onamoah          Hourihane 

Kodjia 

Good team but i don't think it's a good idea to change the formation. We've had success with 442 and changing that now would be a mistake imo. I've always preferred a 433 formation as you get that extra man in midfield.

Johnstone 

Elmo      Chester         Terry        Taylor                   

Whelan         Hourihane 

Davis           Kodjia 

If it ain't broke...

Only worry for me is Whelan but if we can play as we did against Barnsley away from home then we should be good tonight.

If Whelan's legs go again then we can pull him at half time and bring in Onomah or Lansbury depending on what the game needs.

The game for resting a few players is Saturday at home against a Bolton side bottom of the league. If a professional footballer at this stage of the season can't handle two football matches in a week then they need to take a look at their fitness...

1 minute ago, TreeVillan said:

Why didn't O'Hare get any more games? He was amazing the last game I saw him play, or have a I missed something? 

I guess there's just a lot of competition for his position at the moment, but he has been on the bench recently. 

Agree that I'd like to see him get more minutes though.

• Like 1

Johnstone

Elmohamady---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Snodgrass---Onomoah---Hourihane---Adomah

Davis---Kodija

Get Whelan out and ask Onomoah (Really got me) to play the roll he played for England recently. He has more energy, drive and desire than Whelan who to me, looks f*****. He was crap last week aswell. 
Would not change the 4-4-2. I'm a fan of the 4-2-3-1 but we need to stick with what has been getting us results.

Win here and then again vs. Bolton and I'll believe we have what it takes to finish in a playoff spot. Still not convinced at all with Bruce. 

19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I guess there's just a lot of competition for his position at the moment, but he has been on the bench recently. 

Agree that I'd like to see him get more minutes though.

Should have come on against Forest when Snodgrass tired, would have given the defence something to think about and given him a bit of game time over Alan Hutton getting a run-out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Should have come on against Forest when Snodgrass tired, would have given the defence something to think about and given him a bit of game time over Alan Hutton getting a run-out.

Definitely like to see him introduced at the end of a few games, especially when we are cruising.

...In saying that he probably should get more than the one game!

• Like 1

On 25/09/2017 at 08:49, Stevo985 said:

A win here would make things very interesting.

You'd assume we'd beat Bolton at home on Saturday, so chances are we'd be in the top 6 by Saturday evening.

Which seems strange when I still don't think we've been playing very well.

It is a poor league, and all the more reason why we should be walking it.

This wont be as easy as people think. fulham for example didn't win there. But like some say if we have aspirations of going up these are the kind of games we need to be winning no more slip ups. brentford was their slip up. we need to win the next two and hope for the best against wolves 

I got a feeling it will be  a draw 1-1

21 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I'd play same team, only swapping Onomah for Whelan.  I toyed with swapping out Davis for Hogan - reason being that with Kodjia in the starting lineup we do have someone who can hold the ball up and Hogan will be the fresher and quicker of the two on the counter.  That said, Davis leading the line with Kodjia, Adomah and Snodgrass just behind is too good to change right now.

Bruce will probably go 4-5-1 with Jedi replacing Davis.

Whelan has been poor the last couple of games, and Onomah was terrible when he came on on Saturday. Perhaps start Doyle-Hayes?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This wont be as easy as people think.

In fairness I've not seen anyone say this will be easy.  Which is great credit to Burton and Nigel Clough.  I've stupidly optimistically added us to tonight's accumulator.

• Haha 1