• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Davis 72)
    • Hogan (Kodjia 79)
    • Hutton (Snodgrass 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/17 at 18:45

I thought Hourihane was amazing today. Defensively he was breaking up so many plays, and he was spraying passing left and right. I was upset Snodgrass had taken over free kick duty, so I was happy Hourihane got his chance. 

Great match by him. Adomah also was fantastic. 

Whelan scares me a lot. Snodgrass was very underwhelming and poor.

Goals from midfield are certainly helping us this season, if we are going to be up there come the end of the season we'll need 10+ goals from Hourihane and Adomah and they are both well on their way to doing that.

With Mccormak clearly not featuring for this season and Hogan continuing to just not suit our style of play we should be looking for another decent striker in January, no idea who that is.

Cannot understand the negativity on here ,we won ,performance was decent ,plenty of positives and a few negatives.Played well first half controlled the game should have been more than 1 up .Second half Forest were better got a break for there goal and we showed character to go back in front this is defo a game we would have dropped points in last year .We will have to improve no doubt but we are heading in the right direction we are finally getting goals ,the biggest worry I would have is that we struggle to maintain possession our ball retention is very poor at times but we are a Steve Bruce team like it or lump it we will invite teams on soak up the pressure and hit teams on the break it's his way not pretty but has got him results in the past I would prefer if we were playing better football but it's all about results and promotion I'm nit going to complain if we get the results like I said thought we were better team tonight deserved the win it wasn't a very good performance but was decent one onward and upwards from here it's all about momentum.

• Like 1

Personally I would give Johnstone MOTM as the save at the end gained us two points. Not a great game but got the 3 points. I hope pefromances will come now we are getting a few results. Adomah had a good go as well as Kodja as he played a big part in both goals.  Need to stop giving the balll away so easily as we made very hard work of this versus a very average Forest side. 

• Like 1

Good three points which was just about deserved but we are just so unconvincing.

As OBE said above we never seem to manage to control games which worries me and we make silly mistakes mainly with our wayward passing. Against better sides we would be punished.

Having said that we stuck to the task and ground out a very decent result.

3pts keeps that Bruce in a job.

We didnt see anything new here or anything that we didnt know before.

Painfull to watch

Forest had the ball -> Kodjia magic -> goal

Forest pull back after exposing their weakness - did we dominate and make sure of the win?

HT teamtalk from both managers then what happens - we conceed. So is our luck that we have Kodjia anymore creditable than Whelans unlucky touch teeing up a fine finish from their CF?

Then another piece of Kodjia magic (or was it terrible defensive play to pull him down?) gets us a freekick and Hourihane put the magical final touch.

Warburton subbed to get back in it whilst Bruce subbed to see it home. In all honesty their subs made as little difference as ours did. Things stayed as they were which tells us what?

We have the better players. Yet it was still a painfull game getting us over the line.

Against the lesser teams our superior players MAY Just get us results. The manager wont.

Against the better teams and better managers will it ge enough? I doubt it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just back. Good first half, crap second but overall I thought we just about edged it.  We need to stop being so casual in possession though as it will cost us points.

Bottom line is another 3 points and it is onwards and upwards.

Just back....i agree Mark.

Take three points any day of the week but still not convinced there has been much improvement in performance level and I wonder will history repeat itself from last season when Villa went on a decent run?

For that not to happen performances must improve.

Whelan was awful today again so I can't understand why Lyden is not being given more of a chance to shine? More energy than Whelan and better technically imo.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Kodjia (7) - I'd love to hear the song that's playing in Kodjia's head when he's playing, it must be mental - he plays like he wants to take the whole of the opposition team on each time he gets the ball and he wants to do it at a million miles an hour and look flash while he's at it. Sometimes he manages it, usually he manages to create a bit of chaos - sometimes we profit from that. He brings the little bit of 'extra' we need.

• Haha 2

I don't think the performance was that bad personally, we lost possession too easily, and didn't battle hard enough in midfield, and being critical we weren't fluid enough with passing. Forest held the ball well, but as soon as they moved forward we nullified the threat. Their goal was a fairly fortunate rebound through ball off Whelan's shin, if that had been the other way around people would've been bashing us for 'fluking a goal'. 

I thought defensively we were good, although the old panic set in a couple of times I wasn't really too concerned as it didn't seem like they troubled us too much. Sam Johnstone should have special mention as that save from the free kick was fantastic.

Not trying to pick an argument at all, as I totally respect other people feel differently, but that's my opinion on the game.

• Like 2

Â