• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Davis 72)
    • Hogan (Kodjia 79)
    • Hutton (Snodgrass 88)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/17 at 18:45

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Just back. Good first half, crap second but overall I thought we just about edged it.  We need to stop being so casual in possession though as it will cost us points.

Bottom line is another 3 points and it is onwards and upwards.

Always makes me chuckle when you post having just got home and I'm still in the car park lol.

It certainly is another 3 points and 6/6 is always an acheivement.

I think we probably did edge it.

Im pretty sure that's not going to be anywhere near enough myself - try as I might to hope for the best !!

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Because Villa are not a team of galactico's playing in the Sunday league. It's a Villa side with a squad of Championship players playing a side who were above us in the league before kickoff.

That is why I questioned why you thought "we should really win comfortably against this Forest side". Because we're Aston Villa means nothing.

All fair enough but they are a pretty poor side on s poor run/ and the fact they were above us says as much about us as them tbh.

I agree this "because we are ACFC " is meaningless. We are just a second tier side with a history as things stand,

And there's an argument that we are the Championship equivalent of Galacticios...

Steve Bruce must own an industrial sized tub of polyfiller there are so many cracks he is papering over. And that tub must have a picture of Jonathan Kodjia on the front. 

We are like a decent looking car that when you get closer and really look find it's 9 parts filler. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Because Villa are not a team of galactico's playing in the Sunday league. It's a Villa side with a squad of Championship players playing a side who were above us in the league before kickoff.

That is why I questioned why you thought "we should really win comfortably against this Forest side". Because we're Aston Villa means nothing.

We should be beating them because we have spent 5 times as much money as Forest.

The same reason Man City beat their equivalents 4 or 5 nil week in week out.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

A vital 3 points to gain some momentum.

No thanks to Steve Bruce.

and no thanks to Glen Whelan.

Jesus **** Christ that guy is shit.

Conor I **** love u.

I've no idea how you can think Whelan is shit when Onomah is on the pitch.

Edited by TreeVillan

Good first half, poor second. Not much has changed, but at least we are picking up the points now. 

Kodjia is so important for us, one of the only players we have who seems to be able to carry the ball, set up the first and won the free kick for the second. Bruce better pray he doesn't get injured again.

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Always makes me chuckle when you post having just got home and I'm still in the car park lol.

It certainly is another 3 points and 6/6 is always an acheivement.

I think we probably did edge it.

Im pretty sure that's not going to be anywhere near enough myself - try as I might to hope for the best !!

Ha ha where you parking mate? I've parked on street around the Broadway for years and then 15 min walk to the ground and back but after getting to the car can usually be home with in 20 mins.

I don't know why we came out so casual in the second half but it nearly cost us. I said to my daughter that it would be nice to put two really good half's together and look comfortable throughout. I thought we played way better against Boro, even taking into account that we had an extra man for 60 mins.

That is 6 games games unbeaten though and 2 wins on the spin. Hopefully not losing has become a habit and winning can also become one. We have some momentum now and we have to maintain it and hope that with the increasing confidence will come more controlled performances.

Edited by markavfc40

Â