Mark Sampson Sacked

foreveryoung

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

o me, it's like saying to white players, hope no one has brought mad cow disease, surely

the fact you can’t even think of a negative white stereotype close, let alone one that even makes sense, to what Sampson implied with Aluko is pretty telling.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I have read what Sampson was alleged to have said to Aluko. One could possibly have been seen as racism, because of us becoming a pussy nation, the other was not bullying. Lets just say it would have been brushed off in the men's game. I'm no fan of Sampson to be honest, but its a little strange Steveo985, that none of the other girls supported what Aluko was blaming Sampson for. As for her being a trained Lawyer, she had a degree, yes, although she more than took advantage of this. 

Not sure why you've name dropped me here, I've given no opinion on the validity of Eluko's claims. 

As for the bit in bold. Absolute bollocks.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not saying it wasn't. But do you think this never happens in world football. It was obviously ment as a joke, though not a very good one, it was not viscous. If she was close to the manager as players usually are, it would have been ignored. She had issues previous to this.

To me, it's like saying to white players, hope no one has brought mad cow disease, surely. 

I'm not agreeing he didn't cross the line, but we would be suing every manager every day in any employment if we took everthing said to heart.

Also absolute bollocks.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Also absolute bollocks.

I'm not defending him, but do you you really know what he said to Aluko, if it was about ebola, it was inappropriate yes, but hardly racism. There are many inappropriate things that maybe said in groups of work collegues or friends.

Maybe i'm oldskool, but I really think if it wasn't for the hate, she would have forgot about it. It didn't affect anyone else in the team, an to be fair he was cleared.

• Like 1

It’s been reported what he’s said -

“During a meeting with the midfielders’ unit of players, of which I was not present, MS [Sampson] used an analogy about pressing hard in midfield and getting a caution like a police caution. MS then addressed the player individually and said in relation to being cautioned by police: ‘Haven’t you been arrested before? Four times isn’t it?’”

Dave Reddin, head of performance, as part of an information-gathering exercise last year, added: “This comment about the player was made with derogatory, racial and prejudicial connotations.

“It was also a defamatory, untrue statement given that the player has never been arrested and MS’s comment indicates an assumption (subconscious or conscious) that being mixed race from London suggests a criminal record with the police.

“Although I was not present at the meeting, other players confirmed MS made this comment. Other players confirmed the comment was not received as a joke and created an awkward atmosphere in the room. I was deeply concerned about this comment and felt it was highly inappropriate for the national team coach to make such a sweeping negative generalisation about a new player in the team.”

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/16/mark-sampson-accused-remark-racial-prejudicial-connotations/amp/

“We were in the hotel. Everybody was excited. It was a big game. On the wall, there was a list of the family and friends who were coming to watch us and I just happened to be next to Mark. He asked me if I had anyone who would be there and I said I had family coming over from Nigeria. ‘Oh,’ he said. ‘Nigeria? Make sure they don’t bring Ebola with them”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/21/eni-aluko-england-manager-mark-sampson-ebola

He’s been sacked for inappropriate conduct at Bristol that became more apparent to the FA after investigating the Aluko claims anyway, so it’s totally irrelevant.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not defending him, but do you you really know what he said to Aluko, if it was about ebola, it was inappropriate yes, but hardly racism. There are many inappropriate things that maybe said in groups of work collegues or friends.

Maybe i'm oldskool, but I really think if it wasn't for the hate, she would have forgot about it. It didn't affect anyone else in the team, an to be fair he was cleared.

Amazing.

I doubt he is racist in the sense that he hates non whites but I guess he is by the literal definition. I think he is just probably the thickest, most stupid, most entitled smug little clearing on the planet who thinks the tighter his shirt is then the more he can get away with saying without repercussion, hell, he probably thinks he is the victim in all this. He is a prick of the highest order.

Where the FA let themselves down (again) is instead of sacking him and just saying we don't want him anymore they rolled out some ammo they've been sitting on for years since they employed him and ridiculously and pathetically used it years later and made themselves look even more like clowns. They were aware of what he had done previous yet still gave him the job. Buffoons.

I don't care that no one else in the squad appeared to be upset by what he said. The player he aimed his comments at was upset and that's all that counts really. She deserves a professional and thorough investigation instead of what she did get. 

The whole situation is ridiculous and should now be put to bed. Let the investigations and courts sort it out and let the women's team move on with a new manager.

Let's stop the point scoring now shall we whether its misguided supporting of racist comments or snarky one worded faux outrage answers. Leave it out now on both sides. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think I will quit here, you obviously without quoted evidence know alot more about this than me. 

Love your pedantic 1 word answers by the way.

I still haven't given my opinion on whether he's guilty or not guilty, so a lack of evidence is irrelevant. You seem to be dead set on putting words in my mouth there. 

IF he said what he is claimed to have said, then it's completely unacceptable, however you want to justify it. 

And I don't think pedantic means what you think it means. 

Edited by Stevo985

• 4 weeks later...

Mark Sampson: FA apologises over remarks to Eniola Aluko & Drew Spence

The FA has apologised to two players after new evidence showed sacked England's women's boss Mark Sampson made remarks which were "discriminatory on the grounds of race".

An independent barrister ruled Sampson made unacceptable "ill-judged attempts at humour" on two occasions, to Eniola Aluko and Drew Spence.

More on link

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Milfner said:

But I thought he was 'hounded out'?!?! :rolleyes:

Martin Glenn's head surely the next to roll. Slimy prick.

I'm watching him give evidence to the select committee at the moment.

He is an utter turd. Some astonishing responses.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He should be sacked as it was a stupid thing to say. But racist? Not for me

He insinuated her family had ebola because they were African. 

Whether meant as a joke or not, I don't see how that can not be classed as racist. HE isn't a racist, I think that much is clear. But what he said WAS racist.

Anyway, the independent barrister has concluded that Samson "did treat Aluko less favourably than he would have treated a player who was not of African descent"

The full report is incredibly damning of a lot of parties, including the original investigations.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder would he have made that comment in a male dressing room

You don't think worse gets said every day in a male dressing room?

Not saying its right... just that I think it happens

Â