Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

Must win for us. We need to go for the jugular right away and press them. Anything less than a win and it's time to sharpen the ass kicking end of Tony's shoe in preparation for blunt contact with Bruce's arse.

Edited by osmark86

I'm not convinced Glen Whelan is the right man for a 2 man midfield, Jake Doyle Hayes would be better, but don't think Bruce trusts him yet. 

If things don't go to plan Bruce will ditch this formation for the 4-5-1 again. So I desperately hope it works again today as can't watch that negative tripe under the 11.5 months under Bruce so far.

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'd like to see Hourihane and O'Hare as the centre two instead of Hourihane and Whelan. We'd be far more of a handful and a real danger around the edge of the box. O'Hare can't be far away from getting a start.

We'd be far too open with just Hourihane and O'Hare in midfield as the latter is more of a number 10. I do agree that Whelan doesn't warrant a starting berth though, and would much prefer Onomah.

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

We'd be far too open with just Hourihane and O'Hare in midfield as the latter is more of a number 10. I do agree that Whelan doesn't warrant a starting berth though, and would much prefer Onomah.

O'Hare has added muscle to his mobility, and he's a 90 minute engine. I agree that he get's further forward than Whelan or Jedinak would, but we would have a much better chance of out scoring the opposition, and that should be our priority.

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

O'Hare has added muscle to his mobility, and he's a 90 minute engine. I agree that he get's further forward than Whelan or Jedinak would, but we would have a much better chance of out scoring the opposition, and that should be our priority.

I agree we need to be more offensive, but a midfield duo of CH  and COH is far too much of a Di Matteo wet dream for me. I don't even think there's any real problem with our current personnel. It's the way they're set up that has us playing so awfully.

22 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I'm not convinced Glen Whelan is the right man for a 2 man midfield, Jake Doyle Hayes would be better, but don't think Bruce trusts him yet. 

If things don't go to plan Bruce will ditch this formation for the 4-5-1 again. So I desperately hope it works again today as can't watch that negative tripe under the 11.5 months under Bruce so far.

Jake doyle hayes in a central 2 would be far too weak and inexperienced 

• Like 1