Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think a cheeky Kodjia wonder goal and the whole of VP will lose their sh*t. 

Yeah he's feeling a bit forgotten and unloved, gonna be on a mission today to get on that score sheet, and I think he will. 

• Like 1

We should know what he's going to do today, and we should be confident that what he's going to do will be too much for Forest to deal with.

Instead the regular feelings expressed in the match day thread are generally "I hope he get's it right this time", I hope he's learnt", I hope he doesn't do anything silly", I hope we don't play hoof ball" etc, etc.

After almost a year of Brucie football we should know .... but we don't!

• Like 1

The best outcome for today would be

We play a shit 1st half 0-0

We play an even shittier second 40 mins goung 0-1 down

Tony tells Keith "enough's enough, write his notification of termination of employment letter"

last minute a penalty & red card in our favour - Kodjia scores - a by now nearly empty Villa park doesnt know what to do with itself, Hourihane scores a screamer in injury time.

Result 2-1 - 3pts - Bruce given his notice.

One can but dream

• Like 2

Forest are a decent side so this will be a tough game. Kodjia needs to get on the scoresheet asap or he may lose confidence. He has only just got back but the longer time goes on the tougher it will become.

I fear today will be a difficult day but I reckon we will manage to get a draw.

So from memory this is how we lined up against Barnsley:

Johnstone

Elmo        Chester       Terry        Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan  Hourihane  Adomah

Kodjia          Davis

It sounds like Bruce intends to start like this, so I hope we can get a couple of early goals and put the match to bed. Kodjia and Snoddy I think, and hope :)

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Lower trinity. If you have sat anymore in the trinity you will probably know.

I'm pretty sure I know the woman you mean, I've sat in the trinity (more middle though) quite a bit in the past few years (no season ticket so moved about) but last season I sat about two thirds of the way along, closer to the North stand and some mental woman shrieked in my ear for the whole game. And she shouted at anyone who dared to get up for a wee/pie/arrived a split second after kick off. 

(Just checked and I've sat in B5 a few times and that's where that particular mad woman is often).

Edited by alreadyexists