Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully not another bore draw as I don't think I can stand the mad bitch behind me calling for 4-4-2 every 2 minutes.

but, you do knwo the only proper english way of playing is 4-4-2, with proper wingers and crossing and headers?!?!? Everything else is rubbish and not proper football!!!

Forest last won at Villa Park in 1994 (2-0). Since then we have won 2 and drawn 2 of our home games with them. In all we have 56 wins to their 37 and the two clubs have drawn 29 times. They are a club who like ourselves have won the European Cup (so that is a chant we cannot use against them). A win would take us a point above our visitors and most likely into the top half of the table. Make it happen Villa!  I'm going for a win by the odd goal or two. 

4 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I can't wait to see what Bruce considers expansive.  I have no idea what that might look like.  

I doubt Bruce knows what it looks like either... 

We ‘should’ be winning this, but with us you just never know. Another convincing win and maybe, just maybe, the fans and players will start to believe. Another stuttering performance and result and the cracks show again. 

Please Villa, win and win well!

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Hopefully not another bore draw as I don't think I can stand the mad bitch behind me calling for 4-4-2 every 2 minutes.

I would like to apologises on behalf of my Nana... She's 94 today!.. :D

I take heart from the fact that most of us know what team Bruce will pick, and that is down to good form from each of those players. We can be pretty sure barring injuries that we will see the same back line, Adomah will start, Snodgrass will start, so too Davis and Hourihane and most probably Kodjia. In fact the only position currently up for rotation is Whelan/Jedi - if both were fit. Therefore, we probably will win this. 

On 20/09/2017 at 16:37, rubberman said:

Please Steve - Same side (as Barnsley), same formation (as Barnsley) , win + a couple of goals to improve the  GD ideally.

Think he stated or implied it would be the same team in his press conference.

Going for a 3-1 Villa win despite Bruce.

Really looking forward to this. I was out the country for the Norwich and Wigan games so I am yet to see us win at home this season but I have a good feeling about today.

We rarely keep the same side, or formation for that matter, but hopefully the penny has dropped for Bruce and we will now start to see some consistency in the line up and stick with a formation. We do that and I think we can only go from strength to strength. We have had two decent league performances on the spin and I think we'll continue to improve and win this one by at least two clear goals.