Crypto currency

PieFacE

$7k for bitcoin by the new year imo.

I'm expecting all alt coins to go on a huge pump after the 25th October. Should be pretty epic. There's a huge dip with alts at the minute. I've pretty much moved my whole portfolio to ark now. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

$7k for bitcoin by the new year imo.

I'm expecting all alt coins to go on a huge pump after the 25th October. Should be pretty epic. There's a huge dip with alts at the minute. I've pretty much moved my whole portfolio to ark now. 

What's Ark?

This is probably a stupid question, can you buy fractions of bitcoin?

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's Ark?

This is probably a stupid question, can you buy fractions of bitcoin?

Ark is another coin which I've liked since first learning about blockchains as it has great potential. The fundamentals of the coin is to connect blockchains together which will be needed if crypto ever gets mass adopted. They have one working example of connecting blockchains and you can use ark to trigger smart contracts on the ethereum blockchain. There's only 2 competitors that I'm aware of (polkadot and cosmos) but they don't have a working product yet. But there's a lot more to it than that too. 

Looking at ark on a 6 month chart, if it follows the same pattern it should be ready to have a good pump in a month or two.

Screenshot_20171015-182306.png

Yeah you can buy 0.0000001 of a bitcoin. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm gonna do some investing this week.

Ha as always, do your own research and only put in what you can afford to lose. In 5 months I've made 3x my yearly salary by just investing in coins that I like the tech of. 

There's money to be made in this game. The whole thing probably is a bubble but i think it has a long way to go before it pops in my opinion. But, could be very wrong. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Ha as always, do your own research and only put in what you can afford to lose. In 5 months I've made 3x my yearly salary by just investing in coins that I like the tech of. 

There's money to be made in this game. The whole thing probably is a bubble but i think it has a long way to go before it pops in my opinion. But, could be very wrong. 

**** hell, that's good going!

Just tried to sign up to Coinbase but the ID verification didn't work. 
I'll try again tomorrow. Going to go majority with Bitcoin, and put a small amount into other currencies too. I'll stick some on Ark at your recommendation :) 

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

**** hell, that's good going!

Just tried to sign up to Coinbase but the ID verification didn't work. 
I'll try again tomorrow. Going to go majority with Bitcoin, and put a small amount into other currencies too. I'll stick some on Ark at your recommendation :) 

Ha please do your own research too and don't just do it on my word. Would hate you to lose money on my recommendation. If I was to speculate I see no reason why ark won't be a £15-25 coin within a couple of years (being a bit conservative there) , but if bitcoin crashes then it will take alts with it. Which can happen at any point really, personally don't see it for a while but I'm no pro. 

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Will ARK be available on coin base?

Very interesting subject, a lot of people pumping it it at the moment. 

Hmm... Maybe, unlikely for a few years. Generally, you buy bitcoin from somewhere like coinbase, and then send it to an exchange such as bittrex and trade your bitcoin for altcoins. 

Edited by PieFacE

Don't worry, I won't be pumping thousands and thousands in. And what I do put in I'll put the majority into BitCoin.

I've been saying since July that I'd start investing in this which means I'd already have made a decent chunk of money. Time to shit or get off the pot.

• Like 1

I keep thinking I need to get involved. Like Stevo I'm not going to be pumping in my life savings but would like to start playing around with the sector.

Is there a dummies guide to it? I assume Coinbase is where I purchase the currencies from? 

There's no real dummies guide. I spent a weekend thoroughly researching it all before I got involved. Have joined many crypto slack channels and have learnt loads just by chatting to experienced traders. Unfortunately it's one of those things where you need to lose a bit money first to learn how it all works (if you want to try trading).

If you just want to buy something and then forget about it then just buy bitcoin. Tis the safest option. Buy, forget, come back in 3 years and buy yourself something nice. 

Anything you need to know is available by a simple Google search. Just need to spend the time to learn.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Spent a while looking into it and put some play money into BTC and ETH. I did it via Coinbase but you are limited to £325 per week via card. Is there another way to add funds which is not so limited?

I think you can use your bank account. Takes longer but I'm assuming it goes in via bank transfer which would probably allow a larger transfer.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Spent a while looking into it and put some play money into BTC and ETH. I did it via Coinbase but you are limited to £325 per week via card. Is there another way to add funds which is not so limited?

Yeah you can get verified and do it via bank transfer. Think you can then transfer up to 9k a week iirc.

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Looks like a bit of a mini crash in the last day or so but quickly recovered (about 10%). 

These are just the daily swings. Volatility is huge. BTC back to $5720+

Good video here; he talks about the whole crypto space rather than just bitcoin. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

First house in the UK to be sold in Bitcoin 

Developers are aiming to sell the first house in Britain for Bitcoin.

The brand new four-bedroom family home, in Elmstead Market, is priced at £375,000 for cash - or 82.55 Bitcoin at today’s exchange rate.

That includes a discount of £25,000 for making a bit of Bitcoin history.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency which allows users to make payments without banks outside of government control or transaction fees, and with total anonymity.

The so-called cryptocurrency was created in 2009 and shrewd investors have seen their Bitcoins soar by 500 times their original value.

It is growing in popularity and is now accepted by some restaurants, airlines, shops and online retailers.

But property developers Go Homes, which are behind the 32-home Elmstead Green development, are now making the leap into bricks and mortar. 

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/15604971.First_house_in_the_UK_to_be_sold_in_Bitcoin_as_developers_admit__massive_risk_/?ref=mr&lp=15#comments-anchor 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the whole crypto scene is getting absolutely rekt apart from Bitcoin because of the S2x fork. 

Bitcoin about to hit $7000 though. Pretty crazy.

At this rate it could reach $9000 before the fork.

Kinda expecting a big altcoin boom after the fork. 

Edited by PieFacE

Is there a minimum level with which it's worth bothering with? I'm curious about the whole thing. If I plonk £100 into something is that going to be a waste of time? I've never invested in anything before and have just been thinking about what's involved. Can't escape the fear that I'd just make horrible mistakes with it all. 

Â