Crypto currency

PieFacE

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Looks like can’t buy this on bittrex, is that right?

Correct, can buy it on Kucoin.

£6,700 up on that one so far. Only has a $17 million market cap. Only 75 million coins circulating. Don't think it will take too much for that coin to be at a 300-500 million market cap to be honest. Lots of room for growth.

Edited by PieFacE

18 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Correct, can buy it on Kucoin.

£6,700 up on that one so far. Only has a $17 million market cap. Only 75 million coins circulating. Don't think it will take too much for that coin to be at a 300-500 million market cap to be honest. Lots of room for growth.

So I guess I can send bitcoin to KuCoin to use to buy Flixxo?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I've purchased 2300 FLIXXO at €0.30 to have a punt at that. Lets see!

€1.50 in the next 3 months is my guess. :D 

But tis a bit of a gamble. 

Someone gave me the nudge that they will have a big month in January announcing content provider partnerships. (But take with pinch of salt)

Also the founder of Popcorn Time is on their team. So, high hopes :D 

Also ARK $8.35 <3

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Any recommendations for a good all-round wallet? At present everything I have (Bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple & Litecoin) is just stored on my account with my Australian blockchain trading company, and I'm guessing I should have a wallet on my phone or laptop as well?

As with a normal portfolio, make sure you are well diversified and think long term. I am not in to day trading at all. Take positions in good solid companies that you believe in and have a good strategy for the longer term. I like Ark and Trustcoin for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Flixx very volatile this morning, was $0.31 first thing then plummeted to $0.22 then straight back to $0.32.... hopefully it’ll have a run today!

Yeah at the minute it's only on the one exchange and no real volume. So it will be volatile. When it gets added to either binance or bittrex it should be more stable.

The bubble drum will keep banging. All the signs are there, you're just waiting for the pop. As your man there says, things that don't make sense don't last. The value of most crypto currencies (arguably all of them) makes no sense - Ripple is just silly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

That's true for all currencies, crypto or fiat.

I'd argue there exists a difference in them insofar as a normal fiat currency will be widely accepted and easily used. Crypto currencies function on the similar basis of course but they aren't as easily or widely used. That may (will?) come in time, but now? Nah.

When someone can use a crypto currency as easily and, for want of a better word, effectively as normal currency (by which I mean your can go out and use that currency as easily as you would a few quid now), they will start to make more sense. Right now that isn't the case. Ripple being valued as it is is nonsense. I defy anyone to buy a sandwich on the high street with Ripple. Yet the company behind it is apparently worth tens of billions. Nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd argue there exists a difference in them insofar as a normal fiat currency will be widely accepted and easily used. Crypto currencies function on the similar basis of course but they aren't as easily or widely used. That may (will?) come in time, but now? Nah.

When someone can use a crypto currency as easily and, for want of a better word, effectively as normal currency (by which I mean your can go out and use that currency as easily as you would a few quid now), they will start to make more sense. Right now that isn't the case. Ripple being valued as it is is nonsense. I defy anyone to buy a sandwich on the high street with Ripple. Yet the company behind it is apparently worth tens of billions. Nonsense.

I defy you to go out and buy a sandwich on the high street with dollars :) 

32 minutes ago, limpid said:

I defy you to go out and buy a sandwich on the high street with dollars :) 

Depends where the high street is. And even if I'm in a place where dollars aren't accepted it's quite easy to exchange the dollars into usable currency - you can do it in various places in any town, even down to post offices. Whereas crypto requires a set of instructions and, dependant on exactly what currency you hold, potentiality have multiple steps to do it.

There's clearly a difference. It may not always be a difference, but there is now.

Â