Crypto currency

PieFacE

6 hours ago, Genie said:

Everything way down today, any particular reason behind it? 

When Bitcoin drops everything around it typically does as well, it'll bounce back. It wouldn't have helped that the creator of Litecoin sold all of his coins as well. It's just been a week of not great crypto news, but it'll bounce back it always does.

• Like 1

I'm glad it has dropped a bit as been keeping my powder dry on investing. I was worried I was missing out! I would have done it last month but just forked out for a new car!

This thread makes for some very interesting reading.

So as a complete noice in all of this, is it best to start off by buying bitcoin through coinbase? If so, is it easy to buy/sell?

Once that is set up, I need a bittrex account to buy other currencies? This seems, more complicated to do? 

I'd only be investing small amounts.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So as a complete noice in all of this, is it best to start off by buying bitcoin through coinbase? If so, is it easy to buy/sell?

Once that is set up, I need a bittrex account to buy other currencies? This seems, more complicated to do? 

I’m no expert but from my experience the answer is yes to all your questions. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YLN said:

Ripple :wub:

Craziness. Market is a bit mad at the minute and not in a good way. Ripple and Ada are going crazy but have no real use case at all. I genuinely think a crash is incoming soon and a lot of people are going to get burnt. Time will tell but the whole thing feels like a self serving get rich quick scheme at the minute. Coins with strong fundamentals will survive though. 

I had a punt on flixxo 2 days ago and I'm £2k up already. This market has crash written all over it. :lol:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You can use Bittrex, Poloniex, Cryptopia and tons of other exchanges but do your own research into the security of them all.

Bitcoin transaction fees can be very high. Id deposit GBP on Coinbase and buy Litecoin and then send that to the exchange and go from there.

It can be pretty confusing but just go to Youtube and watch some vids.

• Like 1

So how do you guys get your altcoins?  I've got a few BTC, ETH and LTC left in Coinbase (nothing huge) and have setup my Bittrex account today.  However, I've just gone to transfer around £250 of BTC from my Coinbase wallet to Bittrex and they want to charge an £11 'network fee'.  Is this something I just have to do or is there another way around it?  I've read something about GDAX being better for fees, and as it's the same company as Coinbase you can transfer between them.  However, I also understand that you can't have a Coinbase and a GDAX account.

On 31/12/2017 at 12:45, PieFacE said:

About to double my position in Flixx. After being 100% up in  couple of days and partnership deals to be announced next month, seems silly not too. :)

Looks like can’t buy this on bittrex, is that right?

Â