Crypto currency

PieFacE

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Cheers mate. Need to set a side some time to properly read this stuff. I enjoyed doing that match betting stuff when I got into it and whilst this isn't the same it seems to have a similar  breaking in period.

I’m the same, it’s an interesting hobby with the pleasant side effect of potential to make a few quid.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

When you refer to “market cap” what relevance does that have on investments?

Well when looking at the market cap of a coin, you can see how much the "business" is worth in value in it's entirety. So from an investor point of view, if you were to find a coin with really good fundamentals that you believe in, but it had a low market cap, it could be a good investment as it's likely to grow. But check how many coins they have too. Have to find the right balance.

ARK is on the move again!

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

What does the 33.3k refer to? 

The satoshi value .

You can value alt coins in 2 ways, against fiat or BTC. 

Right now ark is worth about 0.00033000 of a bitcoin. So it's generally referred to as 33k sats.

If an altcoin held the value of 33k sats for example, and bitcoin went from $20k to $40k, then the value of the altcoin would double in fiat value with bitcoin, even though it's bitcoin value has remained as 33k. If that makes sense. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ark steadily climbing, up to $6.58 now.

Hoping mobile wallets will push it over $7 maybe $8.

NEO at $80!!!

This all a bit crazy to be honest, something has to give sooner or later surely? 

Edited by PieFacE

17 hours ago, Genie said:

Ark steadily climbing, up to $6.58 now.

$7.12 this morning. Lovely.

Realistically what could it ever go to? Given years of boom could it get into the hundreds of pounds per coin or is there some limit factors?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

$7.12 this morning. Lovely.

Realistically what could it ever go to? Given years of boom could it get into the hundreds of pounds per coin or is there some limit factors?

If the market keeps growing like it has been, then in my opinion ARK will easily be a £100-200 coin in a year or two. But this is pure speculation and doesn't actually mean anything so don't get excited lol. It could easily go to 0 too. :P 

Have to remember, it only launched in March this year, so it's doing really well.

At the minute they do 0 marketing, as they are building the product before then hyping themselves up, which is quite rare in the crypto space.

I think once other companies start using their platform and the Ark ecosystem grows, it will really gain value. 

There's 2 projects currently within the ARK Ecosystem

Kapu - https://www.kapu.one/
Persona - https://persona.im/

If you're interested I could give you a whole rundown on why the ARK Ecosystem is so much better than the Ethereum network. Not that ARK will overtake ETH in value as ETH was the first smart contract platform, but it can certainly offer a better solution for any business looking to get involved in blockchain. 

Edited by PieFacE

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

How do people add money via their bank account on Coinbase? It says you need a Euro account first? I've got a revolut card - can I use that?

You have to do a SEPA transfer from your bank account to your Coinbase account. You can only do that to transfer Euros.

So your Euro wallet on Coinbase will end up with the money you transfer from your bank. And then you use that wallet to buy your Bitcoin.

I was able to do a SEPA from my online banking (but not through the app). I imagine most banks will be the same. It's legit, but it's a bit scary when the money leaves your bank and doesn't appear in your Coinbase account for a couple of days!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You have to do a SEPA transfer from your bank account to your Coinbase account. You can only do that to transfer Euros.

So your Euro wallet on Coinbase will end up with the money you transfer from your bank. And then you use that wallet to buy your Bitcoin.

I was able to do a SEPA from my online banking (but not through the app). I imagine most banks will be the same. It's legit, but it's a bit scary when the money leaves your bank and doesn't appear in your Coinbase account for a couple of days!

I can just do a purchase using my first direct debit card, just like buying anything else on an online store. It’s instant too.

ONEcsFs.jpg

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can just do a purchase using my first direct debit card, just like buying anything else on an online store. It’s instant too.

ONEcsFs.jpg

Yeah but you need a bank transfer to do anything over your debit card limit. That's what omariqy was referring to.

Â