Crypto currency

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here, all on you @PieFacE ;)

I’m wondering whether to convert the £130 of Bitcoin I have (bought for £94) into more Ark...

Looks like Bitcoin is going to make another push.

Usually when this happens it drives the price of alts down. 

Might be worth waiting at the minute.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Looks like Bitcoin is going to make another push.

Usually when this happens it drives the price of alts down. 

Might be worth waiting at the minute.

Good time to buy alts then if you like your day trading.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

So I'm now 1000% up on my original investment and have achieved my 3-5 year goal in 7 months. :hooray:

Obviously none of it is real till you cash out. But it's a good day today. 

That’s incredible mate, are you thinking of cashing out?

got any tips for us noobs?

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s incredible mate, are you thinking of cashing out?

got any tips for us noobs?

Nah not cashing out yet. Will wait till the market cap is a few trillion at least. This is only just getting going. My life would feel boring now without crypto :)

Ha I'm a noob too really, my advice is don't listen to noobs on internet forums :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

I’m pinging my £134 bitcoin over to bittrex to convert to ark, I expect it’s got more chance of making a few quid there than as bitcoin (but of course who who’s?).

Should take me up to about 130 Ark.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m pinging my £134 bitcoin over to bittrex to convert to ark, I expect it’s got more chance of making a few quid there than as bitcoin (but of course who who’s?).

Should take me up to about 130 Ark.

Mobile wallets are now 99% on the roadmap so will be released any day now. If history repeats itself, should have a nice little pump after its release. 

• Like 1

Done that now, proud owner of 121.9 Ark and  2.83 Litecoin.

Bought for a total of £800 over past 2  weeks and now worth £1,212.

That pretty good going considering I spent £400 on Litecoin at its peak this week which then dropped 20% and has since recovered.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

So I'm now 1000% up on my original investment and have achieved my 3-5 year goal in 7 months. :hooray:

Obviously none of it is real till you cash out. But it's a good day today. 

I'd be tempted to cash out and pay my mortgage off - least you can see a tangible benefit then and if it crashes afterwards you have still achieved a massive benefit. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'd be tempted to cash out and pay my mortgage off - least you can see a tangible benefit then and if it crashes afterwards you have still achieved a massive benefit. 

That would be the sensible thing to do, but with so many releases coming out over the next few months for some of my investments I think I'll ride it out.

Overall Market Cap is now 600 billion.

Craziness. 

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That would be the sensible thing to do, but with so many releases coming out over the next few months for some of my investments I think I'll ride it out.

Overall Market Cap is now 600 billion.

Craziness. 

When you refer to “market cap” what relevance does that have on investments?

17 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Why can you purchase Bitcoin with money but can only buy ARK with bitcoin?

You can buy bitcoin at Coinbase which accepts card payments but not Ark. therefore you have to buy one of the currencies available on Coinbase, then send it to another wallet like bittrex when you can exchange it for Ark.

Just now, Genie said:

You can buy bitcoin at Coinbase which accepts card payments but not Ark. therefore you have to buy one of the currencies available on Coinbase, then send it to another wallet like bittrex when you can exchange it for Ark.

I get that bit. Why is that though? Is it because ARK isn't actually a currency like Bitcoin?

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

I get that bit. Why is that though? Is it because ARK isn't actually a currency like Bitcoin?

I think it’s more to do with the websites that sell it rather than the coin itself. Coinbase only sell Litecoin, Bitcoin and Eth but I think it was mentioned in this thread that it might start selling Ark and others in the new year.

Could be wrong though :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think it’s more to do with the websites that sell it rather than the coin itself. Coinbase only sell Litecoin, Bitcoin and Eth but I think it was mentioned in this thread that it might start selling Ark and others in the new year.

Could be wrong though :D 

Cheers mate. Need to set a side some time to properly read this stuff. I enjoyed doing that match betting stuff when I got into it and whilst this isn't the same it seems to have a similar  breaking in period.

Â