Crypto currency

PieFacE

One of the key signs of a bubble is when you get the wider general masses starting to get involved. Exactly as crypto is now. When it pops, and how bad, who knows, but it'll happen. Doesn't mean investing is a waste of time of course but you would have to do so the same way you invest in roulette. At the moment the game is in your favour however, but that'll change.

• Like 2

It seemed to start making the news on a regular basis in June or so when it first hit $3000, Now not everyone has $3000 to speculate with but i guess to put things into "real" terms that everyone can understand and show just how crazy the last few months have been :

When the price hit $3000 in June if you had decided it was worth £100 of your money this would have given you about 4.5% of a bitcoin.

4.5% of a bitcoin today would cost you/be worth about £540

Now obviously you aer not going to be retiring in the bahamas with that but £100 to 500+ in less than 6 months is quite a thing and this is based on buying a small percentage of a coin at a price lots of people considered to be high a few months ago

If it keeps on going the way some have predicted ($50,000, $100,000 or more) this would mean that your £100 was potentially worth £1700-3400 (based on the $50/100k conversions)

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

I want to get into this, but I feel like now that everything is up, I should wait for it to go down a bit. Maybe tomorrow or monday will be a big day?

I signed up to coinbase, but in the process of getting verified on Gdax as I'm told there is less transaction fees on it.

Oh, and I tried ethereum mining. I made about 0.04 USD worth of it in 2 hours! :wub:

Edited by tarjei

1 hour ago, tarjei said:

I want to get into this, but I feel like now that everything is up, I should wait for it to go down a bit. Maybe tomorrow or monday will be a big day?

Who is to say bitcoin is currently high? If in 6 months its at $50k then it’ll be seen to be low, like the people that got in at $1k or $5k.

Its enormously risky but potentially enormously lucrative. 

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

One of the key signs of a bubble is when you get the wider general masses starting to get involved. Exactly as crypto is now. When it pops, and how bad, who knows, but it'll happen. Doesn't mean investing is a waste of time of course but you would have to do so the same way you invest in roulette. At the moment the game is in your favour however, but that'll change.

Exactly this, so it's about riding the right part of the 'curve', however that's a big job for your average 'job blogs' investor, that's a lot of time, care and judgement.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Who is to say bitcoin is currently high? If in 6 months its at $50k then it’ll be seen to be low, like the people that got in at $1k or $5k.

I guess that is up to everyone to decide for themselves. I'm just looking at the numbers with my very limited understanding. Since it's massive rise yesterday it's been going down at a steady rate. Many sitting on the fence until monday maybe?

If BTC goes down, is it likely that there will be a rise with the other currencies?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

...because it's such an unprecedented run up in an asset price, in fact the only run up I know of comparable to this is the tulip mania on the early 17th century. Of course, it can be enormously lucrative, but a lot of people are going to get very hurt when there is the inevitable correction. Here's a good chart to put things in perspective:

Image result for economist bitcoin chart

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

The simple answer is don't invest more than you can afford to lose. 

Whether that is £100, £1,000 or £10,000, you need to go in with your eyes wide open and expect that you may lose it. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Xela said:

The simple answer is don't invest more than you can afford to lose. 

Whether that is £100, £1,000 or £10,000, you need to go in with your eyes wide open and expect that you may lose it. 

This.

I went for 100 ARK for about £280 in the hope that as it’s pretty cheap it’s got plenty of scope to multiply.

I bought £100 of bitcoin which has made a small profit and £100 of Litecoin that is about £60 up.

I won’t be investing any more at this stage I don’t think. Just a hobby/interest.

I won’t lose too much sleep if the lot crashes tomorrow.

• Like 2

Â