• O'Hare
    • Hogan
    • McCormack (Lansbury 41)
    • Lyden (Hogan 63)
    • Blackett-Taylor (Onomah 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/17 at 16:30

I never understand why they dont make cup games cheaper to encourage a bigger attendance, 11k is terrible. Why didnt they reduce ticket prices to £5 and kids for £1. 

Would have doubled the gate and brought in about the same money.

However it might have put off some younger fans for life watching that dross.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I never understand why they dont make cup games cheaper to encourage a bigger attendance, 11k is terrible. Why didnt they reduce ticket prices to £5 and kids for £1. 

Would have doubled the gate and brought in about the same money.

However it might have put off some younger fans for life watching that dross.

Last round it was free for season ticket holders and we got less than 20,000 in.  People are just not bothered to watch early round EFL cup games, esp when its the same side as last week and all the traffic problems around Brum. £15 is a cheap ticket in England- you would do well to watch a league two or conference match for that. Insert joke about Villa here. 

Disappointed to be out but the focus is rightly on the league. Couple of things, all for getting minutes into Lyden but why bring him on 1-0 down in a cup match? I know we'd been reduced to 10 men but we might as well have a crack at getting back into it, not limiting the damage.

Also, anyone know what's wrong with Lansbury and how bad it is?

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

"quell the surprise of no-one"?

What does that mean please.

Etymology[edit]

From quelle (what) and surprise (surprise), the meaning in the French is virtually identical to the English, although the English use of it carries a more sarcastic connotation.

Phrase[edit]

quelle surprise

1. What a surprise. "Quelle surprise.".
  • Like 2

Shame, it was probably level pegging till the pen and red card, then there was only one result. 

I understand their team was probably closer to a first team than ours. 

Would have preferred a stronger team to keep momentum up. 

Remember how MON messed up the Euefa Cup which then started a catastrophic lull on league form? 

They are separate competitions but link the club 

10 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Probably have to go back to the 80s. Not many from boro either, but yes you can't blame them much. Still very low for us though. 

I remember going to a Simod Cup game in 1987, there was only 4000 at that game and we lost 5-0 to Bradford!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Etymology[edit]

From quelle (what) and surprise (surprise), the meaning in the French is virtually identical to the English, although the English use of it carries a more sarcastic connotation.

Phrase[edit]

quelle surprise

1. What a surprise. "Quelle surprise.".

So it means "what the surprise of no-one"?

When the football club you support enthrals you with a third 'nil' in little over a week, it is a little worrying and frustrating. You can also then rely on the Highways Agency for rubbing your nose in the dog dirt with road closures and diversionary tactics to make you suffer even more. An early closure of the A38 at Spaghetti to M6, then M6 closed from 2 to 1 resulting in an ironically named M69 diversion to Hinckley before joining the extras of 'Convoy' hauling ass (slowly) southbound on the A5. Proper pissed off when I got home, finally.

Highlights from the Upper Holte included cheering on the paper plane attempts to reach the pitch.

All I can say is, the first team had better turn up against Forest this Saturday... He won't be able to hide behind 'that'll shut a few people up.'

Absolutely bobbins Villa. Bobbins.

Poor result (didn't see game) from players that would probably find themselves in the first team of most other Championship sides.

Still can't understand why Bruce doesn't give Lyden more of a chance? Perfect opportunity last night to give him a full 90 minutes. My worry is that he is absolutely destroying the young player's confidence.

My only hope is that Bruce leaves the club before Lyden is sold.

Edited by striker

15 hours ago, TRO said:

what sort of team did they put out?

10 changes from the side who beat QPR

League apps this season :

0 Konstantopoulos
5 Friend
1 Ayala
8 Gibson
7 Howson
5 Forshaw
0 Roberts