• O'Hare
    • Hogan
    • McCormack (Lansbury 41)
    • Lyden (Hogan 63)
    • Blackett-Taylor (Onomah 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/09/17 at 16:30

6 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Back to being crap, quell the surprise of no-one. 

We're the 2nd most successful team in League Cup history, you wouldn't believe that would you?

I know people will say don't care, all about the league etc but we had a winnable tie at home.

Don't give Bruce a free pass. It's another loss and a truly woeful one at that. 

"quell the surprise of no-one"?

What does that mean please.

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

"quell the surprise of no-one"?

What does that mean please.

Quell:-

suppress (a feeling).
"she quelled an urge to race up the stairs"
synonyms: calm, soothe, pacify, settle, quieten, quiet, put at rest, lull, silence, put behind one, rise above, allay, appease, stay, assuage, abate, deaden, dull, tranquillize, mitigate, moderate, palliate

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

11k, that's got to be the lowest attendance for a home match in decades?

Can't say I'm surprised people didn't fancy coming out for a second Tuesday night in a row to watch us against 'Boro though. Last week wasn't exactly an advertisement for the game. 

Probably have to go back to the 80s. Not many from boro either, but yes you can't blame them much. Still very low for us though. 

odd how against Wigan we played well with youth and fringe players, admittedly middleswank are far better than Wigan but they had a fair few players out/rotated so not sure you can give it the excuses Bruce will peddle now.

If we are shit at the weekend we will at least know that form and momentum is not something attainable under Bruce. 

• Like 2

wasted chance to actually bother with trying to win a game of football. Shame, but as much as it's a typically rubbish result from bruce, also got to be a wasted chance for the players. That's it, last match until January for those lot - a shame mostly for the likes of Steer and the kids. 

No problems with the line-up, it was the right mix of reserves and youth. It was a 50-50 game until the red, and then it was immediately all over. 

Crowd was rubbish, tiny and quiet, but I don't blame people for not going. It's hard to afford keep going when there are so many home games in such a short space of time. I'm gonna give Forest a skip and return for Bolton. 

5 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Quell:-

suppress (a feeling).
"she quelled an urge to race up the stairs"
synonyms: calm, soothe, pacify, settle, quieten, quiet, put at rest, lull, silence, put behind one, rise above, allay, appease, stay, assuage, abate, deaden, dull, tranquillize, mitigate, moderate, palliate

I thought it was a tablet for sea sickness......perhaps sickness was close, seen as we was all at sea.

Lowest competitive  crowd at home  since the 19th of November 1991 in the Zenith Data Cup when Villa lost to Forest 1-0, att 7,859. Its the lowest crowd since football was invented in 1992- the next lowest was Wigan in the league cup in 1994 when 12,433 packed into the lower grounds.

I am not going to slate the selection as it is de rigueur to play the reserves in the early rounds. In fact I argee with it more now we are in the championship as a- our entire aim is promotion, and b- we play 8 games more than a Premier League side does anyway. Forest obviously a big game now with our proper first XI. 

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

Nothing at all in it until the sending off , things i have learnt/reinforced tonight .1. Mccormack is finished here totally , 2. Bjarnasson is out of his depth even at tonights level , 3. Hutton is not a left back 4. Many of the young players are prospects at this point and nothing more.

Fair play to those of us who bothered turning up

• Like 1

I wonder if those that were arguing we should include the cup wins against lower level reserves (with our reserves) as part of the  'current form' will now say "oh but this was our reserves so doesn't count towards our form" 

• Like 4

Â