Pre-match thread

KJT123

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

It'll be interesting to see how strong we go here.  I can't imagine he'll fill it with kids, because he'll be aware that a winning momentum is a good thing regardless of competition, but there'll definitely be changes.  I'd expect O'Hare to start and Doyle-Hayes to feature.  Another run-out for De Laet & Steer.  I'd be surprised if we go as weak on paper as we went against Wigan.

Definitely not filled with kids but most probably a way of keeping the fringe players fit and active!

Id also be careful of changing positions of first teamers such as Elmo, if hes a right back now we should keep him there, same with Adomah and the left.  

Steer, Bree, Samba, Chester, DeLaet, Doyle Hayes, Lansbury, Ohare, Thor, Hogan, Gabby (4 1 3 2)

If Bruce has any sense, he will save his first team (if he knows it) for Forest and play the youngsters and players who need a game.

Promotion is paramount,  and I don't care a jot about this cup.

Also I rather enjoyed the opportunity of seeing the youngsters last cup game.

I'd play

Steer

Clark---Suliman---Bedeau---Borg

Bree---Doyle-Hayes---Lyden---Cox

O'Hare

Hogan

And have Bjarnason, McCormack, Elphick, Adomah and Davis ready on the bench.

However, I think that starting 11 could be formidable and I'd like to see those players given a chance against a decent side like Middlesborough.

I think we'll win 2-0 with Hogan getting both. :flag:

48 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Lots of people saying they don't care about this one. Well **** me, I care. I'm taking my daughter for her first trip to Villa Park this season and I want to see a performance.

I want to see a performance that proves we are developing a forward consistency of good form. Losing this because we don't care sets us up for what against Forest in a few days time? This is as crucial a week as what happened last week. Only last week was spectacular failure despite two whopping home points.

No, **** this... I want to see us go for it... build on that 'shut a few people up' confidence boost at lowly Barnsley. Prove it Steve. ****ing prove it.

TBH I think our squad is so strong at the moment that even "throwing it" as some call it, would still be a pretty strong team.  When the likes of Hogan & McCormack are behind Kodjia and Davis then you're doing alright.  It also remains to be seen just how seriously Middlesbrough take it.  They've got bigger fish to fry this season as well.

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Lots of people saying they don't care about this one. Well **** me, I care. I'm taking my daughter for her first trip to Villa Park this season and I want to see a performance.

I want to see a performance that proves we are developing a forward consistency of good form. Losing this because we don't care sets us up for what against Forest in a few days time? This is as crucial a week as what happened last week. Only last week was spectacular failure despite two whopping home points.

No, **** this... I want to see us go for it... build on that 'shut a few people up' confidence boost at lowly Barnsley. Prove it Steve. ****ing prove it.

How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking? Only, I have a 4 year old and I want to take her but think she would get bored and intimidated at the moment? Any other thoughts/experiences of taking children to their first game?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

When the likes of Hogan & McCormack are behind Kodjia and Davis then you're doing alright. 

How many goals have those three (other than Kodjia) ever scored for us?

I don't buy the strong squad argument because I think the likes of McCormack are a total drain on our resources and offer bugger all in return. Same goes for all the other losers we have at the club on huge wages that make up our supposedly "strong squad". 

All that aside, I hope we can somehow get a win to help build momentum.  It may only be a cup that we can't win but it's still a game we need to try and win.

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

Could you lend Steve some of your 'passun' please. 

• Like 1