KJT123

6 minutes ago, clip on mullet said:

I'm going for this line up. Will be a close game. Can see us sneaking it 2.1

Steer 

Bree Clark Elphick de laet

Gabby Landsbury Doyle-hayes Bjarnson

Hogan McCormack

Thoughts?

It's shocking to think what that lot must be getting paid collectively or what we spent acquiring them. That is a truly awful team and yet they probs cost more than most of the top 6 first teams.

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

It's shocking to think what that lot must be getting paid collectively or what we spent acquiring them. That is a truly awful team and yet they probs cost more than most of the top 6 first teams.

I wouldn't say awful. Some real talent in that team. Landsbury and Hogan would walk into most champ teams. Bree is looking decent and will only get better. Same with de Laet. Clark and Boyle looked good against Wigan. Elphick, Gabby, Bjarnasson and McCormack yep truely awful.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

hardly awful. As a back up eleven that would be good. Bree fine, Steer - good, Clark and Doyle-Hayes are only young kids, de laet needs games, landsbury and hogan are recovering form etc. McCormack has proven a disappointment but he had the record to buy .Only bjarnasson - a cheapish gamble is truly poor, and Elphick hasn't done much grated, whilst gabby is fine at this level. 

Steer

Bree       Elphick     De Laet          Clark

Snodgrass     Lansbury  Doyle Hayes O'Hare

Hogan  Kodjia

This for me, yes it's a nothing game but it gives us the chance to get some players some minutes and give both Snodgrass & Kodjia a 45 minute run out to get their fitness up ( a mini pre season )

Take off Kodjia & Snodgrass at half time or 60 minutes and give another a run out.

18 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Steer

Bree       Elphick     De Laet          Clark

Snodgrass     Lansbury  Doyle Hayes O'Hare

Hogan  Kodjia

This for me, yes it's a nothing game but it gives us the chance to get some players some minutes and give both Snodgrass & Kodjia a 45 minute run out to get their fitness up ( a mini pre season )

Take off Kodjia & Snodgrass at half time or 60 minutes and give another a run out.

See your point with Kodj and Snodgrass but personally I wouldn't risk them. Imagine one of them getting a knock in this game. Everyone would be questioning why Bruce played them. For me let's keep the safe for the Forrest... which is a must win game. Even so that team should be good enough to see of a 2nd string Boro team at home.

I'd think something like:

----------------------------------Steer----------------------------------

De Laet-----------Chester------------Elphick-----------Taylor

----------------------------------Jedinak------------------------------

Bree-------------------------Lansbury----------------Bjarnason

-----------------------------------O'Hare-------------------------------

------------------------------------Hogan------------------------------

The difficulty for me is in the wide positions - our two best down the right hand side, Snodgrass and Adomah, will both need to be rested - they're both league starters at the moment. Bjarnason makes sense on the left - it'd be him or Gabby I think with both Green and Grealish missing - but it's difficult, you start with six players, you have two injured and you'd want to rest two, but what you're left with is two (very different) left wingers. 

I suspect he might surprise us and play a really, really youth-based line up and that this time he mightn't be so lucky.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd think something like:

----------------------------------Steer----------------------------------

De Laet-----------Chester------------Elphick-----------Taylor

----------------------------------Jedinak------------------------------

Bree-------------------------Lansbury----------------Bjarnason

-----------------------------------O'Hare-------------------------------

------------------------------------Hogan------------------------------

The difficulty for me is in the wide positions - our two best down the right hand side, Snodgrass and Adomah, will both need to be rested - they're both league starters at the moment. Bjarnason makes sense on the left - it'd be him or Gabby I think with both Green and Grealish missing - but it's difficult, you start with six players, you have two injured and you'd want to rest two, but what you're left with is two (very different) left wingers. 

I suspect he might surprise us and play a really, really youth-based line up and that this time he mightn't be so lucky.

Maybe play o'hare on the right and play 442. Drop Bree to rb and de laet to the left back to save Taylor for Sat. McCormack to partner Hogan?

Don't think you will be far off tbh

Left back is a nightmare - I'm not sure about DeLaet there, I'm not sure how often he's played it - the next cab off the rank is Bjarnason, and he's struggled in his more natural position, let alone moving into the back line - it's a weakness that will come back and bite us in the bum at some point this season.

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Left back is a nightmare - I'm not sure about DeLaet there, I'm not sure how often he's played it - the next cab off the rank is Bjarnason, and he's struggled in his more natural position, let alone moving into the back line - it's a weakness that will come back and bite us in the bum at some point this season.

Really surprising we didn't strengthen that position. I'm pretty sure De Laet is half comfortable in that position but defo not natural for him. Must be better option than Thor tho. With Taylor being the only real option at LB i defo wouldn't risk him tonight.

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think we will win this purely down to the fact that our weakened team will be stronger than their weakened team. I'd start kodjia to get him some match fitness. 

I would too thinking about it, get him another hour or so, plus might get on the score sheet too. I already did a team on the previous pages, but I think I would now go for:

Steer

Bree       Elphick    Clark     De Laet

Snoddy.     Lansbury  Jedi  O'Hare

Hogan     Kodjia