• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Kodjia 61)
    • Hogan (Davis 75)
    • Bjarnason (Snodgrass 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/17 at 18:45

Criticised the signing of Terry but he was very solid today. Played like an old time sweeper being in the right place at the right time.

Yet another immense performance from Davis. Love to see young players being brought through. Reminds me of Peter Withe. Fantastic potential.

Johnson also improving and starting to dominate his area.

A very professional smash and grab performance then but Barnsley were very, very, poor so not getting too excited yet that Bruce has turned the corner.

• Like 2

I think it showed in body language at the penalty Kodjia in particular wants him in the team and it showed..... 2 goals is hard to drop.

good on you Albert.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Here's 1 way of looking at it.

Barnsley were as bad as Norwich were.

2 gifted goals during a part of the game where we should have been pressing for a result and dominating the game.

Our attack - which was responsible for putting the ball away - was made up of:

Kodjia - Bruces savior last year - who he didnt buy but tried to replace him by relying on Gaby for the Acons & injured time out.

Davis - a youth product that Bruce had no influence on development or scouting.

Adomah - our matchwinner - our best assister last season who he tried to replace with Elmo firstly, then Snodgrass secondly, who then gets a game out of position because our LW iGreen is injured, (note that we have Hutton, Bree, RDL, Elmo, Snodgrass & Adomah on the right side - but have only Taylor & Green on the left side - natural sided players may I add).

I will now point out the similarities to the Norwich win which was followed by the Bristol C team/setup.

So come saturday when Warburton out tactics Bruce, or Bruce changes it all again we will still have a manager in place who wont get us promoted

Have a day off pal

• Like 2

Solid win today, enjoyable to watch as well.

We finally looked like a team with a style of play, a team who knew what they were doing and a team with round pegs in round holes (or is it square pegs in square holes)

Adomah, Davis, Hourihane & Terry were all class.

No-one had a bad game.

A clean sheet albeit against a fairly poor Barnsley, also breaking the away game & Sky game jinx.

Drop some players Tuesday, let the youth put in a decent performance again and build some momentum ready for next Saturday.

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Solid win today, enjoyable to watch as well.

We finally looked like a team with a style of play, a team who knew what they were doing and a team with round pegs in round holes (or is it square pegs in square holes)

Adomah, Davis, Hourihane & Terry were all class.

No-one had a bad game.

A clean sheet albeit against a fairly poor Barnsley, also breaking the away game & Sky game jinx.

Drop some players Tuesday, let the youth put in a decent performance again and build some momentum ready for next Saturday.

Must have watched a different game. Couldn't put 2 passes together first half but some how managed to be 2-0 up. Second half we totally controlled and was happy to watch that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

He had to have a dig didn't he? "Shut a few ppl up'"

geez steve enjoy the victory for god sake instead of having a go at the fans

Shut a few people up? Good grief. Yes, it was a good win, and it was good to see him going with 4-4-2, but we now need consistency. No more 5-4-1, 6-4-0, or other BS formations, we should try and always play with at least 2 up front.

If he really wants to stop people criticising him, he needs to go on from here.

51 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Here's 1 way of looking at it.

Barnsley were as bad as Norwich were.

2 gifted goals during a part of the game where we should have been pressing for a result and dominating the game.

Our attack - which was responsible for putting the ball away - was made up of:

Kodjia - Bruces savior last year - who he didnt buy but tried to replace him by relying on Gaby for the Acons & injured time out.

Adomah - our matchwinner - our best assister last season who he tried to replace with Elmo firstly, then Snodgrass secondly, who then gets a game out of position because our LW iGreen is injured, (note that we have Hutton, Bree, RDL, Elmo, Snodgrass & Adomah on the right side - but have only Taylor & Green on the left side - natural sided players may I add).

I will now point out the similarities to the Norwich win which was followed by the Bristol C team/setup.

So come saturday when Warburton out tactics Bruce, or Bruce changes it all again we will still have a manager in place who wont get us promoted

Nothing fickle about you GH ;) .

• Like 1

Kodjia's class shone through everybody's, he really is amazing. Davis is certainly going to be some player too. Terry was my man of the match, his positioning is simply incredible. Thought Adomah played great and Hourihane and Chester played well. However, we were very lucky at times, and certainly didn't look like a team that was going to be near the top at the end of the season. Maybe Bruce won't go defense +1,000000 next game and we'll have a good game, time will tell.

• Like 1

Better. Certainly after half time. A bit more swagger, a bit more attacking intent. Kodjia and Davis is potentially a formidable partnership at this level. Shows we could and should be doing much better in this league. These players are good enough to take us up.

Barnsley weren't good but they're not a pub team either. We defended well, it wasn't just Barnsley being shit. 

The result gives Bruce a stay of execution. Hopefully he's on a short leash, though. We have to win consistently. We need to play like we're favourites to win every single game. 

Pleased with the win. 

The vital second goal just before half time seemed to take the pressure off us and we looked good second half.

Liked the line up and the balance of the team with a good mix of attacking players (Davis, Kod, Albert, Snod & Hourihane) and a solid defensive performance.

Let's give these lads a chance to show they can do it again!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I did to. But according to Stevo we should all rate it good if we win and less than good if we lose.  To suggest anything else is 'bizarre'.

That's not what I said.

What I said was obviously if we've won a match 3-0, the chances are the manager has done something right, compared to when we lose a match.

I was surprised that you were confused by that.

I know the point you're trying to make, that we can play well in a game and still lose, and similarly we can play badly and get a result. What I'm trying to say is that obviously if we win a game comfortably, people are going to naturally look more favourably on the manager's performance than if we lost. 
Getting a result is part of the manager's performance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

Or a player who Bruce gave a debut to and kept faith in by starting him up front ahead of players like Hogan and Kodjia.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not what I said.

What I said was obviously if we've won a match 3-0, the chances are the manager has done something right, compared to when we lose a match.

I was surprised that you were confused by that.

I know the point you're trying to make, that we can play well in a game and still lose, and similarly we can play badly and get a result. What I'm trying to say is that obviously if we win a game comfortably, people are going to naturally look more favourably on the manager's performance than if we lost. 
Getting a result is part of the manager's performance. 

Stevo I get what you were you saying. I'm just suprised and think its bizarre you think my point and post was bizarre. 

Or maybe you add these one liners in to wind people up? 

For example: 'I was surprised that you were confused by that' 

Anyway we won so I'm happy about that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â