• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Kodjia 61)
    • Hogan (Davis 75)
    • Bjarnason (Snodgrass 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/17 at 18:45

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That you seem to be questioning why people rate the manager's performance better when we win 3-0 as opposed to when we lose.

Wel it doesn't make sense to me. The managers performances should be based on the team formation, his tactics, his changes. Etc etc. I've seen games when he has got all that right but we've been unlucky and lost. In those games he gets rated poor. 

There is no way he has done anything different with his team selection today to now earn a good rating all of a sudden. We won because Barnsley are awful. Not due to some good managerial decisions. 

Not really sure how that makes my earlier post bizarre. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The fact Bruce's performance is rated good shows how it's all about the result. I thought we were ok but have seen us play better and not get results. In those games Bruce performance was always rated average or poor.

I rated Bruce's performance average, because despite picking a decent team and setting us up in the right formation for the match, he then kept us far too deep in the first half. We benefitted from two gifted goals before we started to to loosen up and play a bit.  

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wel it doesn't make sense to me. The managers performances should be based on the team formation, his tactics, his changes. Etc etc. I've seen games when he has got all that right but we've been unlucky and lost. In those games he gets rated poor. 

There is no way he has done anything different with his team selection today to now earn a good rating all of a sudden. We won because Barnsley are awful. Not due to some good managerial decisions. 

Be careful , otherwise your find yourself enveloped in stats :P.

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I rated Bruce's performance average, because despite picking a decent team and setting us up in the right formation for the match, he then kept us far too deep in the first half. We benefitted from two gifted goals before we started to to loosen up and play a bit.  

I did to. But according to Stevo we should all rate it good if we win and less than good if we lose.  To suggest anything else is 'bizarre'.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry, I have been and remain soldliy on the Bruce out train.  But today he FINALLY did so many things that have been CLEARLY the right things for some time.  He started 2 forwards with 2 decent wings.  When one forward came off he replaced that player with ANOTHER forward.  We did not collapse into a defensive shell when we were ahead.  Those changes have been obvious to plebes for months   But at least he finally did them.  That's to his credit.  That he, getting paid to do the job, couldn't make those needed changes that have been obvious for months, is a disgrace and he needs to be replaced.  But he did make the changes today.... to his credit.  

• Like 4

Some standout performances already mentioned.....but also the keeper looks assured, even when he doesn't have much to do....his confidence rise is evident.

one swallow and all that, but a run has to start somewhere.....if we can build on that, who knows where it can take us.

but its the sort of thing we have been waiting for....even if i have got an A4 page of notes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some standout performances already mentioned.....but also the keeper looks assured, even when he doesn't have much to do....his confidence rise is evident.

one swallow and all that, but a run has to start somewhere.....if we can build on that, who knows where it can take us.

but its the sort of thing we have been waiting for....even if i have got an A4 page of notes.

Very good point. Johnstone has been superb recently and did everything right today. Definitely grown as a player since January. 

• Like 1

I thought Barnsley were still committed even though we won.....they made mistakes, so did we.

The first half was a bit iffy in terms of performance, but thats what growing in to game is.

59 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So I miss my first away game since God knows when and we get our biggest Win for 3 years... Bruce even more Out !!

Seriously though - pleased for the fans , chuffed for Davis, glad to see Adomah brought back, glad we were a little more positive.

Unconvinced - by a long way- that it changes anything long term.

Thats a pretty poor s

ide we've played today.

and beat 3-0

• Like 1

Here's 1 way of looking at it.

Barnsley were as bad as Norwich were.

2 gifted goals during a part of the game where we should have been pressing for a result and dominating the game.

Our attack - which was responsible for putting the ball away - was made up of:

Kodjia - Bruces savior last year - who he didnt buy but tried to replace him by relying on Gaby for the Acons & injured time out.

Davis - a youth product that Bruce had no influence on development or scouting.

Adomah - our matchwinner - our best assister last season who he tried to replace with Elmo firstly, then Snodgrass secondly, who then gets a game out of position because our LW iGreen is injured, (note that we have Hutton, Bree, RDL, Elmo, Snodgrass & Adomah on the right side - but have only Taylor & Green on the left side - natural sided players may I add).

I will now point out the similarities to the Norwich win which was followed by the Bristol C team/setup.

So come saturday when Warburton out tactics Bruce, or Bruce changes it all again we will still have a manager in place who wont get us promoted

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

2 gifted goals during a part of the game where we should have been pressing for a result and dominating the game.

Kodjia - Bruces savior last year - who he didnt buy but tried to replace him by relying on Gaby for the Acons & injured time out.

Adomah - our matchwinner - our best assister last season who he tried to replace with Elmo firstly, then Snodgrass secondly, who then gets a game out of position because our LW iGreen is injured, (note that we have Hutton, Bree, RDL, Elmo, Snodgrass & Adomah on the right side - but have only Taylor & Green on the left side - natural sided players may I add).

I will now point out the similarities to the Norwich win which was followed by the Bristol C team/setup.

So come saturday when Warburton out tactics Bruce, or Bruce changes it all again we will still have a manager in place who wont get us promoted

I have an A4 page of notes that heavily feature faults.....but not tonight.

Lets just enjoy our win GH and leave all the neggies for another day.

Positive night tonight.

We don't expect you to change your mind.....but just praise Terry/Adomah/Davis/Johnstone who had fine games.

• Like 1

For me today shows how important goals are for confidence. We played as shit as normal, but scored 2 goals that took the pressure off. Then we did look better, at times almost like a football team for a few minutes every now and then.

Lots of positives to be fair, Davis especially, we knew we had bought some class at this level but to have some come through from the youth sides is a great thing. Elmo looked better, snodgrass was OK, hourihane showed some nice vision at times, adomah should have had a hat trick...

I'm still not convinced by Bruce, on the weight of evidence he needs a long run of positive performances to win me round. Today was very much a welcome exception to the Bruce rule. To be a success we need to close a 7 point gap though and to do that he needs to start averaging better than 2 points a game for a while.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have an A4 page of notes that heavily feature faults.....but not tonight.

Lets just enjoy our win GH and leave all the neggies for another day.

Positive night tonight.

We don't expect you to change your mind.....but just praise Terry/Adomah/Davis/Johnstone who had fine games.....clean sheet on the road and 3 goals

:)

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

thankfully there are other ways of looking at it.

• Like 3

Â