• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Kodjia 61)
    • Hogan (Davis 75)
    • Bjarnason (Snodgrass 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/17 at 18:45

Looked solid today. Defence did well... 3 clean sheets in a row. Thought Terry was  excellent.

Davis is a talent and great to see Adomah and Kodija back in the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Why do we not play like this every week? Outstanding today.

Did you miss the first half? We were much better in the second half and much more positive but we were blessed to be two up at half time. 

Wasn't impressed with the first 45 at all despite the 2 goals but 2nd half was much improved, it was all very comfortable in the end. Can't believe it took Steve Bruce this long to include Adomah, should be one of our first names on the sheet. 

Great performances from Terry and Davis as well. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Did you miss the first half? We were much better in the second half and much more positive but we were blessed to be two up at half time. 

We were efficient in the first half. Barnsley had more of the ball but never really threatened IMO. It was a very good away performance and we haven't been able to say that too much in recent years! 

• Like 1

When we started to press high up the pitch in the 4th quarter, we left Barnsley without an out ball and frustrated their crowd. 4-4-2 suits our better players, but sitting deep makes us look dodgy. Has Bruce learnt a lesson for the rest of the season? I hope so, but I'll take a few matches playing the right way before I'm convinced. I thought Terry's calm control of the centre of defence shaded Davis for man of the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The fact Bruce's performance is rated good shows how it's all about the result. I thought we were ok but have seen us play better and not get results. In those games Bruce performance was always rated average or poor.

It's not all about the result, but it obviously has a bearing on how people rate the manager's performance.

What a bizarre post :D 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not all about the result, but it obviously has a bearing on how people rate the manager's performance.

What a bizarre post :D 

Why is that bizarre?  

Either you totally missed my point or you're just being you. Probably the latter. ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Davis played like kodja last season.

2 up front and adomah is playing our team properly.

No more magical 5 in the middle shite as for us it doesn't work and isolates the striker.

In the end we over played it and kept losing the ball from easy positions, 3 up so not too risky but come on lads , if we can score more each game more confidence comes.

Well done team and for Bruce for once picking 2 forwards to play as forwards.

6 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

No need for people to get hysterical. 

Sorry Steve. 

It's the principle. If people are allowed to get away with throwing stuff it soon becomes coins and other potentially danger items. 

• Like 1

Â