• Davis
    • Kodjia
    • Onomah (Kodjia 61)
    • Hogan (Davis 75)
    • Bjarnason (Snodgrass 83)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Perfomance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/17 at 18:45

Football is very much about a bit of momentum and not getting into the losing habit IMO,  the Villa will do for me at the moment.  

Let's enjoy it,  it's a great away win with a clean sheet,  what more could we have wished for really ?  Not a lot to dislike there IMO. :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

How many instances could we all muster of players who have done well at some clubs and poor or average at others......rakes of them.

They are improving it takes time to settle for some.....had a decent game today.

e.g Ken McNaught.

We are drifting down the same road again.....lets see if we can build on it.

good win this evening, lets enjoy

Should never have got rid of Chris Nicholl ;) I agree great win lets enjoy it.  Davis looks good. Snodgrass will get better and so will Kodjia. Lots to look forward to . 

11 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

i can pretty much guarantee you that any manager in this league would kill to have their pick of the players in our squad.

Kodija, one of the best strikers in the division last year despite missing a sizable chunk of it, and also one of the top strikers in the division the season before that.

Hourihane, the top ranked midfielder in the division when we signed him.

Lansbury the 3rd top ranked midfielder in the division when we signed him.

Terry, arguable the best defender in the division.

Chester one of the top 5 defenders in the division last season.

And i could go on...

Could you? 

I'll grant you that we have some good players at this level, but then I give you Bikir Bjarnasson and Alan Hutton. As a squad we are not good enough to "walk this league". (I do think we should be doing better than we are though.)

4 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Ahhh Tim, that wonderfully ebullient, pashun inspiring little scamp, with the problem solving skills of a toddler and the temperament to match. How we miss our former leader, so cruelly treated by fellow chancers even higher up. 

If only we had him again now, this team would fly because it really is THAT simple. Pashun + talent = Champions, innit. Timmy learnt us that from the Tottingham Academy of Science and what did we do with it? Well, he only went and gave us an FA Cup Semi, didn't he? Oh and don't forget our glorious escape act in the same year. Soo, so nourishing!

But forgive me, forget we must because glossing over unpleasant facts - including the decidedly ugly ones like those associated with his giving up and lying towards the end of his tenure - are not helpful if we prefer only to see the positives. So I say, come now brothers, let us bow at the knee and once again revise history. The Tim is dead, long live The Tim!

JESUS , was that somehow cathartic ? And not a pun in sight . I love it . 

Long live Tim. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I knew what he was saying and I disagreed with it.

Sorry if that makes me "reactionary" :rolleyes:

With all respect, I'm not sure you did. I think it was just a bit of a blind reaction that someone was criticising the manager after a good win.

4 hours ago, darrenm said:

With all respect, I'm not sure you did. I think it was just a bit of a blind reaction that someone was criticising the manager after a good win.

I didn't see it as a criticism of the manager whatsoever.

I saw it as a very weird post. And I still do.

Can't fault the score line though I did feel it flattered us slightly . First half we seemed a little flat but found ourselves 2-0 up but the second half we seemed much more comfortable .

I actually thought Davis wasn't having a very good game as things didn't stick with him very well and you could see he was getting fustrated with himself but fair play to him he kept going and fully deserved his goal.

I'm not a fan of Elmo and I hate the fact Bruce seems intent on shoe horning him into the starting lineup at every possible chance . Great cross for the Davis goal though.

Well that was all very easy and enjoyable.  Moar please.  Turns out using a more attacking line-up gets you more goals.  Who knew?

Of course we hope this is the final corner turned and it's all wins from here on, but this is Villa, and Sky have generously given us another opportunity to regress on Saturday.  But I expect a win :) 

Good to finally meet @KevMur & @Czechlad whilst both were on their travels too. 

All in all a good day was had :thumb:

• Like 2

On 17/09/2017 at 01:00, sheepyvillian said:

Long live Tim , there you go , I said it again  . How unbelievable is that ?  

Billy McNeil was a truly truly God damn awful football manager. Timmy was just truly truly God damn awful 

Â