Adverts

bannedfromHandV

Question

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Most of my screen is now adverts, is this an intentional change or is there some form of hack/bug ongoing?

Actual website content has been condensed into a narrow strip in the middle of the screen which is flanked by two large adverts.

Please don't tell me this is how it's going to be now?

Nothing has changed. Can you post a screenshot?

35 minutes ago, limpid said:

@snowychap as always in the "site issues" forum, new issues in new threads.

The scrolling ad will last throughout the Black Friday weekend. You;ll probably see other ads from Game.

I'm not sure it's a "step change" from the floating bar ad that often sits at the bottom of the page.

Apologies about not starting a new thread but I assumed that this was a similar kind of change of advert style to the one mentioned in the OP and that you may not have been aware of it.*

Obviously you are.

It is very much a step change as it is immensely distracting but that's your choice to make, clearly. :)

*Edit: Noted for future issues. Again, sorry.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

It's very distracting. Trying to read responses while having something moving below makes reading and responding difficult.

Please try to avoid these types of ads in the future. I am curious if this will affect how long users stay on the site because I am already turned off by this. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's very distracting. Trying to read responses while having something moving below makes reading and responding difficult.

Please try to avoid these types of ads in the future. I am curious if this will affect how long users stay on the site because I am already turned off by this. 

If it interferes with use of the site, I'll remove it. Only three people have commented and you've all said that you can live with it. 

In terms of visits, it'll be higher during this period than most four day windows as there is a game.

I'd rather have no ads at all, but they pay the bills.

13 hours ago, limpid said:

If it interferes with use of the site, I'll remove it. Only three people have commented and you've all said that you can live with it. 

In terms of visits, it'll be higher during this period than most four day windows as there is a game.

I'd rather have no ads at all, but they pay the bills.

I typically have no problem with the ads to be honest, but this one is just a level above. It's very annoying. It also makes me feel like I am on one of those cheap sports betting sites. 

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I typically have no problem with the ads to be honest, but this one is just a level above. It's very annoying. It also makes me feel like I am on one of those cheap sports betting sites. 

And yet you PAY to be on those sites :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Â