Pre-match thread

BOF

16 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I genuinely dislike the guy after his comments this week. Just thought he was shit at football management before. I don't like Villa losing but I really want Bruce gone.

Fair enough mate... but surely us not winning is the root cause of the dislike? I'd support Satan himself if he got us promoted. 

33 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I genuinely dislike the guy after his comments this week. Just thought he was shit at football management before. I don't like Villa losing but I really want Bruce gone.

I agree. I find it odd anyone would want anything other than whatever result hastens his departure.

The only exception is of course we all agree that in an ideal world we'd win and keep winning, he'd stay and - despite his rubbishing of us - the fans would cheer him and be pleased.

But that's never going to happen.

We play 46 league matches a season, but we support Villa 365 days a year except for leap year when it's 366.

I want to be excited about all things Villa.

I want to believe that we are building and improving match after match.

I want to enjoy match day instead of dreading it, but I also want to enjoy being a Villa fan on every non match day.

I'm not daft, I know there'll be upsets and bad days, but if I can trust our manager to sort things out when they go wrong then that's fine by me.

Anyway back to today's match. I'm absolutely certain we will get three points  against Barnsley, I don't know how but I'm convinced.

I don't see a quick solution to my feelings of doom and gloom I'm afraid.

It has been a long time since we have put two decent back to back league performances together but if we can do that and play like we did the other night, when I thought even taking into account we had a one man advantage for an hour that we played well, then I think we'll win this.

After hearing Bruce's press conference I think Kodjia will start and hopefully it will be an overall attacking line up.

We have to get into the mix for promotion and put a winning run together soon and hopefully this game will kick start it.

So something like:

Johnstone

Bree    Chester    Terry    De Laet

Jedinak

Snodgrass  Onomah  Hourihane  

Kodjia    Davis

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

This Bruce out extremist label is just pathetic

To be fair to Jareth I don't think he was labelling any particular posters, just saying that some people and fans in general are at the more extreme end of opinions on the matter. None of my business though, just my two penneth.

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

To be fair to Jareth I don't think he was labelling any particular posters, just saying that some people and fans in general are at the more extreme end of opinions on the matter. None of my business though, just my two penneth.

Yeah cheers - no offence intended - just what it is, people have been very open about wanting a loss to speed Bruce out of the club - you might say wishing a loss on your beloved team is extreme, compared to say wanting them to win - perhaps a loss would be better in the end, but I'll be cheering if we score for absolute shuuuure. 

I'm hoping for this...

Johnstone

Bree     Chester        Terry     RDL

Jedinak

Onomah   Hourihane

Snodgrass                Adomah

Kodjia

I expect Bruce to go with this....

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Terry Bjarnasson

Jedinak  Whelan

Elmo        Hourihane   Kodjia

Davis

Edited by wilko154

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm hoping for this...

Johnstone

Bree     Chester        Terry     RDL

Jedinak

Onomah   Hourihane

Snodgrass                Adomah

Kodjia

I expect Bruce to go with this....

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Terry Bjarnasson

Jedinak  Whelan

Elmo        Hourihane   Kodjia

Davis

Not sure why you're posting about the March in this thread. Don't you know it's the "why I hate Steve Bruce" thread?

• Like 1